GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can anyone help please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help please

Our car is playing up and we've spent loads on it to get it right but still stuff going wrong , we have a default that is six years old next August, we were wondering if it would be too risky to apply for car finance with his on our credit file .
    Its not normally something we would consider ut we are going to Paris next February driving over and want to make sure we have a car that is reliable .

Please can anyone help .

give it a try (part exchange) never know until you try?? near end of any default anyway.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We'll have to wait until next August because of the default , so will have to spend another five hundred on this car for a clutch . Can't believe it that i found that default which was sent August 2013 . Thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        We'll have to wait until next August because of the default . . . . . . Can't believe it that i found that default which was sent August 2013 .

Which of your debts has the Default date showing until August 2019 because that could impact on whether it's Statute Barred or not at the moment?

However, you've posted on another thread that your last payments to all of your creditors was on 20th June 2012 so if they didn't default you for over a year after that then you could maybe challenge that date.

Was it Barclaycard? They have a reputation for late defaulting.

Don't do anything yet until things become clearer.

Di

Comment

hi, it was simply be DEFAULT NOTICE 6 August 2013 , but we have decided against finance as don't want the worry of it should the business struggle. The car needs a new clutch and that is going to be £ 600 so we have to save everything we get . Needs doing this month while business brings in good money over the Christmas period .

Comment

What sort of car have you got? I had a new clutch a few months ago and it was only £240.00
            have you shopped around for a cheaper quote
            vaper

Comment

Originally posted by vaper View Post
              What sort of car have you got? I had a new clutch a few months ago and it was only £240.00
              have you shopped around for a cheaper quote
              vaper
              Its a renault scenic , its in the garage now having a clutch fitted and to fit the clutch the engine needs to be lowered , the mechanic phoned yesterday to say that that the ball joints are rotten and he had to break them off to drop the engine , also we had new discs and pads put on but the guy who did it only 6 weeks ago didn't release the mechanic didn't release the calipers so they are already worn and now new brakes back and front . Total price £ 795 , we had to borrow it off my mum as never had this in our back pocket , but come a few weeks we will have that from the business . But the mechanic said he couldn't put it all back as he couldn't let us take the car with the rotten ball joints as they are dangerous and he is surprised the wheel never came off . So we will have it back tomorrow and should be a good car now lol .
              We're travelling to DisneylandParis in February so we knew we had to get it fixed or rent one but that proves very expensive, its MOT is January and we are letting the mechanic do it who is fixing the clutch for us so fingers crossed it will pass .
              So no need for finance , thank goodness for my mum that could lend us the money .

PS this is the cheapest garage for the work we are having done .

Comment

Working...
              X