GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Student loans and DMp’s - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Student loans and DMp’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student loans and DMp’s

Hi.

I have had a DMP with StepChange for over 3 years and have recently made the change to go self managed

Included in my DMP was a student loan from 1995-1999

When I went into the DMP the interest got frozen/stopped and the total gradually came down.

Now I have gone self managed and am offering token payments, they have written to me about trying to defer the repayments.

so the question is would this then restart the interest on the loan(s), or just put off for a year the repayment?
    because as I understand it student loans don’t default like a ‘normal’ debt?

also can you offer ‘F&F’ settlement offers for a student loan?

Many thanks

Hi simonjp77

sorry I am not sure what happens with student loans,
    if you can wait for a while I am sure someone will be able to help you

NW

ps, didn't want you thinking we were ignoring you x
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That’s ok. Hopefully someone has some experience of this

Comment

Working...
      X