GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script debt after UE and still getting letters - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

debt after UE and still getting letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debt after UE and still getting letters

I haven't heard from most debts for months now that they've reached the UE date i have received a latter from Cabot asking me to contact them to make arrangement to pay .

Also I sent a SAR request to the TSB and they don't have any record of the account , 1 st credit have the account so do i now send a SAR to them ? How do i find out the account number of the loan had with the TSB? it was paid off in full a few years before we went down the UE route .

thanks

sorry S2M, little confused,

Do you mean your debt's are Statute barred ?

Why do you need the loan account number?
    If it was paid off in full toTSB, they will have no paperwork, as the account was closed when paid off, they only keep the agreement for so long after closing the account,
    If it was paid off why are Cabot asking you to pay it, ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
      sorry S2M, little confused,

Do you mean your debt's are Statute barred ?

Why do you need the loan account number?
      If it was paid off in full toTSB, they will have no paperwork, as the account was closed when paid off, they only keep the agreement for so long after closing the account,
      If it was paid off why are Cabot asking you to pay it, ?
      I wanted to check for PPI on a loan i had with the tsb,

The cabot letter today was one of my debts that are no statute barred .

So i can't claim ppi from the tsb loan i had ?

Comment

Today both of us received letters from Cabot telling us that we can pay £90 and other amounts off the debts we have with them and they will close the accounts. All of the accounts are statute barred . Should we pay these to get them taken off our credit file or are these debts dead anyway being statute barred ?

As for the loan we had with the TSB it seems that account no longer exists as the tsb bank account was sold to 1st credit and the loan account doesn't exist so that is a no go now .

thanks

Comment

begging leter from them by the sounds of it know what I would do, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 10 October 2018, 14:36.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
            both of us received letters from Cabot telling us that we can pay £90 and other amounts off the debts we have with them and they will close the accounts. All of the accounts are statute barred . Should we pay these to get them taken off our credit file or are these debts dead anyway being statute barred ?

As for the loan we had with the TSB it seems that account no longer exists as the tsb bank account was sold to 1st credit and the loan account doesn't exist so that is a no go now .

I see no benefit (to you) in paying a Statute Barred debt.

However you say you want to pay them so they'll be removed from your CRA file.

This raises the question as to whether these debts are really SB since they would not be showing on your CRA file if they were defaulted more than six years ago (the whole account entry is removed on the six year anniversary). The default date can be relevant to the SB status.

It's hard to make suggestions without knowing the full history of a debt. If these are on your Diary thread it may make sense to update on there.

Di

Comment

IF these debts are really SB since they would not be showing on your CRA file if they were defaulted more than six years ago (the whole account entry is removed on the six year anniversary). The default date can be relevant to the SB status. so we need to know which it is?

Comment

Hi S2M.
                as the others have said if they were defaulted 6 years ago they will drop off your credit file, if they were defalted later, even if you pay the money, Cabot will not remove them from your credit file till the 6 years are up,
                All they may do is mark it as partialy settled, so it's not worth paying them off,

Are you still paying Cabot for these accounts?

Comment

I recently had a letter off cabot for a debt that was a) Statute barred and b) in default of a S78 request

A quick phone call (recorded on my mobile) and they closed the account

Seems they may be clearing down their books of old debts - I can only wonder why

Comment

#metoo they are busy recruiting on line, so maybe they are concentrating on training the new staff one fresh debts that are not causing problems. They have bought enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I see no benefit (to you) in paying a Statute Barred debt.

However you say you want to pay them so they'll be removed from your CRA file.

This raises the question as to whether these debts are really SB since they would not be showing on your CRA file if they were defaulted more than six years ago (the whole account entry is removed on the six year anniversary). The default date can be relevant to the SB status.

It's hard to make suggestions without knowing the full history of a debt. If these are on your Diary thread it may make sense to update on there.

Di
                      I don't know what my credit file says as haven't checked it , I think you suggested its too early to check them in case of default notices on there , but I can't remember receiving any for years now and we put our debts into payplan back in 2007 and joined here in 2012 so the credit file should be cleared. I'm desperate to see what it says lol

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                        Hi S2M.
                        as the others have said if they were defaulted 6 years ago they will drop off your credit file, if they were defalted later, even if you pay the money, Cabot will not remove them from your credit file till the 6 years are up,
                        All they may do is mark it as partialy settled, so it's not worth paying them off,

Are you still paying Cabot for these accounts?
                        Hi, I haven't paid a penny on any of our accounts since joining here in 2012 .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post

Hi, I haven't paid a penny on any of our accounts since joining here in 2012 .
                          Me neither.

Comment

I've just been thought the files from the past six years on here and i found a default from 3rd August 2013 , so I can't check my credit file until next year , which is really frustrating .

Comment

Working...
                            X