GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JD WILLIAMS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JD WILLIAMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JD WILLIAMS

Beware - JD Williams increased interest rate from 38.8% TO 58.8% check your statements, and have you been informed by letter previously??
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

I have an account with them and have not heard from them is 12 months, apart from emails trying to get me to take out a credit card at 44%,

Shop direct keep sending emails for me to buy now pay later, so if I can't pay it off before the 12 months is up, I pay more in interest than the thing I was buying cost,
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

after complaint to JD Williams aka Brown, they reiterate as per CCA1974 they can increase as they see fit Rates, also when brought to their attention Conc rules that notification to customer with a time limit to either accept or decline and close account must be given etc they ignore content hence no reply.

also is pointed out that a reason for any increase must be given if asked, - ignored. all payments up to date never missed one,. so called letter final response.
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 30 November 2018, 13:47.

Comment

they sent a final letter well did not state final but referred to it as final, passed to FCA complaints - bet nothing happens from them/
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 30 November 2018, 20:13.

Comment

6th December 2018 = Thank you for contacting the ombudsman. We’ll look carefully into everything you’ve sent us - and will get back to you within the next four weeks to let you know how we can help.

If we need anything else from you, we’ll let you know - and if you want to send us any other information in the meantime, please use our reference xxxxxxxxx
          We don’t need you to send original documents at this stage - copies are just fine.
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 8 December 2018, 19:42.

Comment

28 - 01 -2021 -- 2 years later not upheld by regulator ( so I stated do not agree & as usual file with 1000000s others of not fit for purpose regulator_)

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              28 - 01 -2021 -- 2 years later not upheld by regulator ( so I stated do not agree & as usual file with 1000000s others of not fit for purpose regulator_)

I'm sorry to hear this.

What took them so long to reach their conclusion?

I'm battling with the FOS on something of mine at the moment, and the investigator's 'justification' for ignoring my legal argument is that they have "limited scope" for dealing with complaints so don't consider law, only what would be reasonable regardless of the law.

Unsurprisingly I told her I begged to differ - politely

It's ongoing.

Di

Comment

"limited scope" for dealing with complaints so don't consider law, only what would be reasonable regardless of the law. = sounds familiar, words from the past! > , and

as JD Williams state letter was sent (NOT)!!!! and they basically believe them not my complaint substance, and that as I only noticed after reviewing repayments and annual account updating myself when realised it was taking too long to come down after all the payments I had made, then investigation found that they increase interest rate to 58% from 29.9%. when I complained not having opportunity to not complete an order if I had known the rate since last purchases had increased basically that sums it up

Comment

To be honest any complaint I have ever made to them has not been upheld even after evidence submitted, all the so called investigators state I cannot agree with your complaint and the regulator in almost all cases agree with my outcomes - in plain language!

that includes HSBC!s complaint in past,& Policy Direct complaints, JD Williams and many many more over the years. Including a judge stating await Regulator outcome =? when regulator states it is up to a judge in that field |(a case has in the meantime brought by HSBC etc) a judge states well regulator will not give precedence (hard luck). >>>????

Comment

as JD Williams state letter was sent (NOT)!!!! and they basically believe them not my complaint substance, and that as I only noticed after reviewing repayments and annual account updating myself when realised it was taking too long to come down after all the payments I had made, then investigation found that they increase interest rate to 58% from 29.9%. when I complained not having opportunity to not complete an order if I had known the rate since last purchases had increased basically that sums it up

Did J D Williams produce any evidence of sending that letter from a Transaction Log or similar, or did they just "state" it was sent and the FOS believed them without any evidence?

Did you send a SAR to J D Williams to see for yourself what data/information they have/had?

All too often creditors/debt purchasers state that "this is what we normally do so we would have done it in this particular instance" (or words to that effect) which isn't good enough for me.

Is your complaint still with the Investigator or did you refer it upwards to an Ombudsman within the FOS?

Di

Comment

2 years later not upheld by regulator.

no default as not missed any payments but the rime i realised the amount paying it was almost over (payments one item mattress purchased). the complaint was non notification of increase which did not allow me to close account as not accept any increase, or make that purchase from a zero account balance at the time.
                      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 29 January 2021, 12:53.

Comment

2 years later not upheld by regulator.

Do you mean you made a complaint to the FCA not the FOS?

Di

Comment

fos

Comment

fos

In which case you may have the opportunity to escalate your complaint to an Ombudsman if the Investigator's initial decision was not evidence-based.

Or to put it another way - based on lack of evidence.

Did J D Williams produce the letter they say you were sent or anything to support their claim that they sent it?

Di

Comment

It was the result of the ombudsman

Comment

Working...
                              X