GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Letter from Mortimer Clarke - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter from Mortimer Clarke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Mortimer Clarke

Received a letter from MC on 15/04 . They give their client as Cabot. They ask to speak to me about a debt of £826.00. If I do not speak to them Cabot may ask them to issue court proceedings. What do I do now? I have not spoken to them or Cabot. Please can you advise. The original creditor was HSBC. Any help would be appreciated. They have started calling my work phone leaving messages as well.

Hi

I would not speak to them until you have given much more detail about the history of this account, when payments were last made, what correspondence has been taking place between you and the creditor.

Have a look at the Unenforceable Diaries section to see the usual format for setting out history details. It is impossible to give advice due to the lack of information here. One thing, the usual advice on this site is to only communicate with creditors/representatives in writing, so that you always have a record.

Also, I note that the letter is dated more than 2 weeks ago - did they give a deadline for response?

Comment

They have given me 30days to contact them.

Comment

Then I think you should set about providing more detail asap, to give time to get some advice from the forum.

Comment

Mortimer Clarke are also part of CABOT
          As Still Waving points out to advise the MODs need more information.

BUT I am sure that CABOT is NOT the name in that Letter rather its a abbreviation. Mortimer Clarke MUST be instructed by the Current Owner and this is the name that I ask you to check for in that letter and post on here!

In the meantime you have some details sic the amount and the Original Creditor. So you can start to create a Diary entry here! Such as the type of Debt for instance,

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	1510339Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender_1.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1510340 Ok here are 2 of the documents

Attached Files

Comment

The Letter mentions a Form - which makes me wonder if this a Pre-Action Protocol. Please check this!

Mortimer Clarke client is Cabot Financial (UK) Limited (who are Unlicensed)

Here is the FCA link to print off and store copy with your filing (don't mention to DCA, store this away )
              http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.f...w?accId=472690
              Cabot Financial (UK) Limited (FCA No 472690) Ended 28/02/2015 (Unlicensed)

See Niddy's Blog
              https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...50#post1291550
              "..The exact reasons we want to keep sensitive if you don't mind..."

FIRST DIRECT - Current Account

Start by reading this
              https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...A-Information=

Send tomorrow to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited by RECORDED DELIVERY the Overdraft Letter (don't need to include £1) -
              https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...20CCA%20v1.doc

You will be sending a copy of this letter to Mortimer Clarke (but we need to know more about the Reply Form) !

Please start to set out a Diary with whatever information you have

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0644.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	1510347 The reply form Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0642.jpeg
Views:	232
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	1510345Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0643.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	1510346
                Attached Files

Comment

Mortimer Clarke have sent the Pre-Action Protocol
                  Their letter is dated 13 April 2018. 30 days from 13 April 2018 is 13 May 2018

On 9/10 May (should be within the time limit) by Recorded Delivery to Mortimer Clarke

1/ A copy of the overdraft letter that you have sent to Cabot
                  2/ The Reply Form
                  tick box BOX D (I dispute the debt)
                  and cite the reason
                  Cabot In default of a formally request for a copy of the original overdraft agreement and relevant paperwork.

Keep copies of the Reply Form!

You will probably need a SAR on FIRST DIRECT at some point but please start that Diary Entry.

Comment

Thanks will send overdraft letter to Cabot tomorrow. When you talk about starting diary on here can you explain, I feel like I need a translater at the moment.

Comment

Welcome to AAD

For the Diary
                      https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...3228#post43228
                      • Type of account (credit card/loan)
                      • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
                      • Approx balance
                      • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
                      • Are you on arrangement or not paying
                      • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
                      • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

As you can see you do have some of this information.
                      In your Diary enter redacted Letters sent (date) and Received (dated)
                      This process of filing and recording helps you and the MODS with advice etc.. It also helps you taking control of your debts and making informed decisions.

Comment

Working...
                      X