GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Where to start? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start?

Hi all, stumbled upon this forum whilst going down the PRA google rabbit hole and it’s a pleasure to be here.

Long story short I’ve had a couple of debts hanging over me for a few years now and I’d like to get them sorted out but don’t really know where to start.

One is for just under 8k, originally virgin/MBNA credit card but has changed hands a few times since default and is now being chased by PRA
    The other is for just under 4k, originally Lloyd’s credit card, has changed hands also and is now managed by Lowell’s

No letters received from PRA since late 2015 and no letters from Lowell’s since 2016.

Cards taken out around 2008 give or take a year each way so it’s possible the virgin Card could be pre 04/2007 and unenforceable (which I learned from this forum) but not sure and can’t find any record of when the cards were taken out.

Default was originally 2012 and since then they have both been paid £5/month by cheque which has never been missed.

if anyone could throw me some advice on how best to proceed it would be much appreciated.

Reason behind the push is I need a decent credit file by June next year to get a mortgage.

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome.

You say that they were defaulted in 2012, if the defaults were registered on your credit file in 2012 they will drop off your records 6 years and 1 month from the date of entry.

You aren’t hearing from the DCAs because they are being paid. When you look at your mortgage that may prompt them to get in contact again as it will look as though your financial situation has changed. You can either leave be or start the unenforceable route by sending a CCA request with £1 from here https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...lity-templates and start your own diary where you will get guidance and suggestions https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...bility-diaries

Good luck and ask any questions as that is how you learn and don’t make mistakes.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X