GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st Credit v Benadabec (Resolved) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Credit v Benadabec (Resolved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: benadabec UE Diary

I saw on the threads ScabHunter posted regarding the OFT guidlines on 1st Credit that they were fining DCA's huge sums where they were unlawfully stepping out of line and harassing people.

I'm more than happy to be advised by yourself on this Niddy. I shall wait and see what the response to this is on Monday.

Yours gratefully as always....

Comment

Originally posted by benadabec
      I saw on the threads ScabHunter posted regarding the OFT guidlines on 1st Credit that they were fining DCA's huge sums where they were unlawfully stepping out of line and harassing people.

I'm more than happy to be advised by yourself on this Niddy. I shall wait and see what the response to this is on Monday.

Yours gratefully as always....
      I posted these links months ago but don't nowadays as 1st Credit seem to state they have changed....

Have they? You can be the judge of that

Leave this with me, I'll point my contact here and see what he thinks.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Mini Update

This was passed to me to try and mediate and we've had a formal response from 1st Credit Head of Compliance. Obviously at this stage I can't go into detail but hope to post more later.

Bear with us.....

:niddy
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Had a reply back from 1st Credit
          "1st Credit wish to offer a full apology to benadabec. A number of clerical errors by members of staff resulted in a failure to fully respond to his letter, noting the system incorrectly, failing to remove the account from the dialler and the subsequent incorrect issuing of a statutory demand.

The members of staff have been reminded of their responsibilities and advised of the implications of their mistakes. The matter has been referred to the Head of HR as there may be disciplinary implications.

We thank benadabec for bringing this matter to our Head of Compliance’s attention.

The matter has been put on hold and we are currently awaiting our clients comments."
          I'll post more later

Comment

Good to see them accepting responsibility - wish others would accept the error of their ways at times mind you.

Well done benadabec & well done to 1st Credit for the above apology.

** At this stage we cannot discuss things in detail but hope to resolve things within the next few days, to everyones best interests.

:niddy

Comment

Happy to report that this has now been passed back to the OC and 1st Credit are no longer dealing with things.

They have apologised and offered £100 compensation to benadabec which he has accepted.

Well done

Comment

Re: Benadabec v 1st Credit (Resolved & Settled)

A massive than you to Niddy for handling this with his usual deft skill and persistence! A huge result that gets 1st Credit and Connaught off my case and straight back to the OC plus a bonus compensation to boot.

So a thousand thanks to Niddy and his genius advice and negotiations

Comment

Re: Benadabec v 1st Credit (Resolved & Settled)

Well Done benadabec and Niddy this will be well down now into relaxed!!

Comment

Working...
                  X