GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Being chased for unpaid utility bill as an ex subletter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being chased for unpaid utility bill as an ex subletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Being chased for unpaid utility bill as an ex subletter

Originally posted by Rirawin View Post
    Any further advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Ignore them.... I do wonder though, how the hell they have your contact numbers? If they call again and ask for you by name, say "who is calling" and if they tell you then say "sorry you must have wrong number" - as for texts etc, just reply with "FUCKOFF" and that gets pulled into a prohibited batch for them to view later (ie instead of the usual "STOP" command this means it will be manually viewed)

If they write, just send it back with "Unknown at this address"

Basically stop being so nice to them and ignore them
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Finally. After sending them another letter disputing the utility bill in my name, requesting that they return the case back to the utility company and the landlord/owner of the property, and saying that I have lodged a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman, they have sent me a letter to inform me that my account/case has been closed !

Thanks again for everyone's help ! Score one for the little man

Comment

Well done
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done from me too Rirawin
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
          X