GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard sold to Allied - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard sold to Allied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice with Egg Card

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Hiya

Ok regardless I do think this will be unenforceable so lets not worry about that - the next most important part is establishing liability - we have to assume it is your mums account, unless they write to your late father in which case we can then fight for a refund and act.

As we're unclear, sit and wait - do nothing, and stop all payments.

Seriously, trust me - just wait - see what happens and keep us informed...... don't rock the boat, not yet. Let it sit for the time being...
    Niddy, i tottaly trust your opinion, and i was too thinking if all else its prob UE so neither of us was really that worried, was just nice to think its possible to get the money back IF its not in her name.

I will advise her to sit and wait, see what happens.

Should anything else occur, i will start another post under my UE Diary.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Advice with Egg Card

Hiya

Keep it here - easier that way but we will try and get money back but first wait and see who they write to - want to know how I would suggest you play this? As follows...

IF they write to your MUM
      You then request SAR via your mum, unsigned of course, and see what they return. It'll then either confirm it was her account or it'll reject saying they do not hold data meaning it was your late fathers account.

THEN assuming it is your mums we'll CCA them and from there go for the UE fight which would mean no refunds of monies paid.

IF, however they write to your late DAD
      Well that changes things almost entirely in that you would come back to me and I will then sort you a specific template to send off which would hopefully get your mum a full refund of premiums paid plus interest plus compensation with the added bonus we'll also complain to the regulators thus rendering the risk of added compensation PLUS arbitration and fine costs.

Either case, it's kinda win win.

For now, I would sit back and ignore it - see what they decide to do next.

* If for any reason I miss an update please feel free to PM me.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Barclaycard sold to Allied

Ok so some of you may have seen me post in another thread regarding my mothers barclaycard.

If you havent, ill give you a quick run down of events.

Around November 2011 Mercers (BC inhouse DCA) agreed an arrangement to pay of £1 per month, my mother received a letter confirming this, and it said to start making payings in December 2011.

January 2012, she receives a default notice.
        Advise from here was to query this with BC because while she did not fault on her repayments and the agreement was not over 6 months old, the default should not have happend.

I sent a letter to BC using a template i was refered to on here by niddy, explaining to them the guidelines in regards to DNs while on an arrangement to pay.

today 18th February, my mother receives a letter from BC stating that they have sold her debt to Allied and she should contact them to make full payment of the balance (yeah right!)

My question now is, should she wait to get a letter from Allied before taking further action, or should she jump straight in with a CCA request with the view to checking for UE?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Barclaycard sold to Allied

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          Ok so some of you may have seen me post in another thread regarding my mothers barclaycard.

If you havent, ill give you a quick run down of events.

Around November 2011 Mercers (BC inhouse DCA) agreed an arrangement to pay of £1 per month, my mother received a letter confirming this, and it said to start making payings in December 2011.

January 2012, she receives a default notice.
          Advise from here was to query this with BC because while she did not fault on her repayments and the agreement was not over 6 months old, the default should not have happend.

I sent a letter to BC using a template i was refered to on here by niddy, explaining to them the guidelines in regards to DNs while on an arrangement to pay.

today 18th February, my mother receives a letter from BC stating that they have sold her debt to Allied and she should contact them to make full payment of the balance (yeah right!)

My question now is, should she wait to get a letter from Allied before taking further action, or should she jump straight in with a CCA request with the view to checking for UE?
          Wait until you here from Allied then do one......>......
          CCA Request

Comment

cheers mate, will do.

Comment

Now that those simians have taken to telephoning her every day, it would seem to be an opportune moment to send that Absolutely Impotent Company the usual CCA Request - link and the telephone harassment letter - link. It may be wise to add something to the latter in which the age of your mother is stated and that their antics are causing her to become unwell.
              Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 2 March 2012, 15:08. Reason: Graphic image failure

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

What im trying to weigh up is, if i send a CCA request, will that then initiate a barage of letters rather than only being harassed by telephone?

While they are not sending my mother demand letters surely its better to just ignore the calls?

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

What im trying to weigh up is, if i send a CCA request, will that then initiate a barage of letters rather than only being harassed by telephone?

While they are not sending my mother demand letters surely its better to just ignore the calls?
                  Just reading your other thread.... If I was you I would do a CCA request...just ask yourself why did Barclays sell the debt ?

Comment

Yes i did wonder, and that together with only phone calls and no demands makes me wonder!

originally i thought they sold it because i sent a letter querying their default notice, but i got a reply to that, after the NoA so it may just have been conicidence.

hmm!

Comment

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...72&postcount=1

Have a read here..^^.. this is just one example ..there's many others

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                        http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...72&postcount=1

Have a read here..^^.. this is just one example ..there's many others
                        I had a read, im trying to work out whether my mother has a similar situation.

Would you be suggesting that when i sent a letter querying the DN issued by Mercers, they assigned the debt straight away to AIC, then sent a letter back saying "we are disapointed you felt the need to complain" and back dated it to make it look like they sold the debt before they received a dispute? I have to admit, i did think, what? the letter is dated 17th but didnt arive until around 26/27th (will have to double check envelope) Couldnt imagine why it would take them that long to post it lol it gets more interesting!
                        Last edited by SXGuy; 29 February 2012, 21:29.

Comment

Ok theres been an update to all this.

Mother received a statement from barclaycard, thought to myself, huh? weird they sold the debt, then i notice the account number on it.

Matches my mums credit card. So i wondered, what the hell was all that other stuff being sent about.

Backtracked all letters received, turns out, its not the BC account sold to Allied, it was the Egg account that BC bought.

Puts a whole new light on the issue now.

Run down is as follows:

BC notify my mother they have bought the Egg account.
                          Mercers agree £1 repayments.
                          2 months later, issue a DN
                          I reply with a letter questioning the DN
                          Get a phone call from BC about Egg, asking for my late Father
                          Receive a letter back saying the debts been sold to Allied.
                          Allied continue to ring every other day for last 3 weeks, no letter received.

Some of you may have followed my other thread regarding Egg, but those who havent, there is a question as to whether the debt originally belonged to my late dad, or my mother.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...?t=4808&page=1

After managing to put all the peices together, it seems very fishy!

Will need to amend my UE Diarys now as they include incorrect info due to confusion.

But it looks like to me, that after questioning the DN, BC decided to sell the account on because they have realised something i suspected, its not my mother debt!

Comment

But it looks like to me, that after questioning the DN, BC decided to sell the account on because they have realised something i suspected, its not my mother debt!
                            If they would have been liable for any repayment of monies paid in error, are they still liable or has that liability also been assigned to Arrogant, Inept and Clueless?

Comment

Now it's your turn to get me confused as I try to follow this intriguing tale spread over three seperate threads over the last couple of weeks

I accept that Egg, Barclaycard and AIC have confused your Mum which has confused you too. But now I'm forced to consider whether confusing other people is genetic in your family
                              Last edited by PlanB; 2 March 2012, 14:10.

Comment

LOL, its not hard to confuse my mother, it is hard however, for me to make sense of it.

I wouldnt be upset if a mod wishes to delete any threads that appear confusing.
                                Ill just edit my UE Diary instead lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X