GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Just applied for a vanquish card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just applied for a vanquish card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just applied for a vanquish card

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
    I am still on the electoral roll in my last married name which is the name all my debt is in - I haven't changed it on there as I thought it would then link my new married name to all my previous debt but I applied for the card in my new name. Should I change it to my new married name? Will they link me anyway?
    Jane I have recently re-invented myself in my maiden name. The important thing is not to create a link on the CRA files unless you want to drag your debt history with you. I changed my name on Council Tax (not reported to CRAs) and Driving Licence (not reported to CRAs) and *other* formal documents which were enough for me to open a bank account in my former persona. It's all perfectly legal. Once that had been established for 3 years I was able to move forward.

I sense you're in a hurry to get a credit card but maybe you need to stop and think about the long term negative impact of that annoying CCJ.

Comment

Thanks Plan B, thinking about it my mortgage and bank account are in my now name and it shows on my credit report at this address.... Even more confused now as I suppose it's already linked so it would make sense to change the electoral roll. I just hate rejection now they have said no I want one more . I think I'll change the electoral roll and then reapply in 6 months.

jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
        my mortgage and bank account are in my now name and it shows on my credit report at this address.... Even more confused now as I suppose it's already linked so it would make sense to change the electoral roll.
        If your maiden name and your married name (referred to as an "alias") are linked then you will see this on your credit report. They stay linked forever unlike other stuff which falls off after 6 years. All accounts/debts in either/both names will be linked.

I wouldn't encourage you to link both names if they haven't already been linked.

Comment

Well well well, I have had a couple of letters from Aqua offering me a credit card; life is getting harder at work without one so thought I would try with them in my old married name (which is the name all my debt is in) - I was accepted immediately!!! APR is 39% and I only intend to use it if I need to book hotels with work then pay off in full but it will make life so much easier.... Hope it wont stir them all up but hey ho for today I am chuffed...

Jane x

Comment

Well done, you start to feel as though there maybe some light at the end on the tunnel!
            Aqua have slightly lower apr than vanquis and up your limit quite quickly. Just make sure that you pay up on time or they will stop your card without warning; once payment has cleared it will come straight back. (A payment got lost in their system, so charges cancelled but an unexpected shock when it was rejected!)
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Niddy isn't around to confirm, but, I have seen him mention something in the past which may help your credit rating.

When you get your statement, it will say what the min amount is that you can pay. Obvioulsy you want to pay it back in full, but there is a clever way you can do this while increasing your credit score.

Pay the min amount on the statement before the due date, and a day or 2 later (before due date) pay the rest off separately.

This will show you are making a payment over and above the minimum required, and apparently, helps your credit rating.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We always pay the minimum and then pay the full amount........got credit limit increased within 6 months (by them,not us)
                Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Interesting, I am unsure how to go forward with rebuilding my credit - PlanB touched on it earlier in the thread - All my debt is in my old married name - my mortgage has linked my names as I got married after we took it out and our bank account (which is fine and healthy) is also in my now married name. However, I have never changed my name on the electoral roll here - its still in my original married name. We will need to remortgage in 7 years - hopefully everything will have dropped off my credit file by then including my CCJ - I now have a decent job and our heads are above water.

I wonder when I should change my name on the electoral roll - I am already linked banking wise I am sure....... Anyone got any advice?

Jane x

Comment

Working...
                  X