GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA Gold
    replied
    Re: Will applying for Vanquis have any other effects?

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    December 2016 here I come!
    That's the spirit!

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

December 2016 here I come!

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

I'm tempted to have a look at a CRA file just in case anything as been reported that shouldn't have! Although I have a CCJ it's over 3 years old and my last default should also be over 3 years old.
    um, i think the general consensus is that by requesting a copy of your file (either a one-off paper copy, or a subscription) alerts creditors that you are accessing credit again and likely to start the threat template machine off!
    Also, i think a CCJ may prevent you from gaining credit; i think they hurt credit worthiness until they drop off altogether (six years).

Cheers
    SA

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

I'm tempted to have a look at a CRA file just in case anything as been reported that shouldn't have! Although I have a CCJ it's over 3 years old and my last default should also be over 3 years old.

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

I have just failed for a second time with creation . I suppose another 6 month wait; at least Aqua love me as they have just upped my credit limit
    yep! I am not going to bother with Creation again; i'm going to do what Niddy suggested and try and get one with my own bank (Lloyds) when my newest default is one month over 3 years. Of course, i assume my CRA file is how i think it is and no-one has put a naughty one in!

Cheers
    SA

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

I have just failed for a second time with creation . I suppose another 6 month wait; at least Aqua love me as they have just upped my credit limit

Leave a comment:

• Locke
    replied

£500 limit.

I will try and activate the card on Tuesday and let you know if it works or not.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Locke View Post
    So after being rejected for a creation card recently one arrived in the post followed by a pin the day after.

Will have to phone them to see what is going on.
    Well done, they sometimes reject you online but then it goes through after manual processing - try and use it - what limit did it give out of interest? If it was £1000, then that's the normal opening limit - anything higher means your score was better (so they give slightly more)....

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

I'd just try and use it, and pay it off

Leave a comment:

• Locke
    replied

So after being rejected for a creation card recently one arrived in the post followed by a pin the day after.

Will have to phone them to see what is going on.

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Gmail reminder went off to apply for second Creation balance transfer card although was blown out. Hoping to port my mastercard over to 0% interest free to pay it off quicker.

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Originally posted by Locke View Post
    Just to say I applied and was accepted off a vanquis Granite card despite not being on the electrol roll
    Happy days!

Leave a comment:

• Locke
    replied

Just to say I applied and was accepted off a vanquis Granite card despite not being on the electrol roll

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    You know this mate. We discussed it on your own thread previously
    i was aware of the paying more than the DD bit mate, just don't recall the amount required if any (i tend to log in and pay the amount to bring it to a round amount, i.e if the balance is £208 after the DD; pay £8)- but i'm sure you did mention just £1 but i've got so much on at the moment i tend to forget things. either that, or i need to stop drinking my own beer!

Leave a comment:

• Locke
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    oh shit - you gotta be on the ER mate

oooops!!!

thats going to be an issue for all applications.
    Oh dear!!! Ha ha!!!

I'll make sure I'm on it for when I reapply in 6 months time then!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X