GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of F&F Negotiations, Wish me luck - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of F&F Negotiations, Wish me luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Start of F&F Negotiations, Wish me luck

Originally posted by OvertheRainbow View Post

Is there another template for second offers, I wonder?
    I don't think there is but I know of people on here who have negotiated offers after having their first offer refused. Unfortunately, i've never been in a position to be able to offer anything.

Originally posted by OvertheRainbow View Post
    The Blair Olivier letter mentioned in post above is the one that is really annoying me.
    I agree that being on a DMP is extreme circumstances.

Presumably they think that your circumstances might have changed from a year ago if you're making F&F offers.

The thing is, you haven't asked to make a reduced payment have you?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No I haven't asked to reduce my already meager payment but I got the impression they meant a reduction in the statutory minimum payment requested on statement.
      In other words, they were not acknowledging I was already on a DMP.

Comment

Hi Overtherainbow,
        Which of those are still charging interest?
        Bearing in mind you're not concerned about your credit file, if it was me I'd stop payments and let them default / terminate. The interest nonsense should stop then.
        Even better if they sell it on.
        They have no reason to deal while ever you're paying them. If it was me I'd let them stew for a bit. If (when) they get shirty I'd send a CCA Request and let them stew some more, you'd get a better deal once they're desperate.

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
          Hi Overtherainbow,
          Which of those are still charging interest?
          Bearing in mind you're not concerned about your credit file, if it was me I'd stop payments and let them default / terminate. The interest nonsense should stop then.
          Even better if they sell it on.
          They have no reason to deal while ever you're paying them. If it was me I'd let them stew for a bit. If (when) they get shirty I'd send a CCA Request and let them stew some more, you'd get a better deal once they're desperate.

Elsa x
          Thank you for your reply Elsa.

Only one (out of 11) continues to charge interest but not all have sold on debt yet.

You make a very valid point re stopping payments.......it really is a game isn't it?

Comment

I'm with Elsa

you need to walk the line with them, if you still want to do the F&Fs

Comment

I agree, just stop paying! Deal with the bloodsuckers later. Go UE. Stuff em.

Comment

I have already tried UE Enforcer, they are enforceable.

Comment

Working...
                X