GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script F&F offer on charging order on my property - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F&F offer on charging order on my property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F&F offer on charging order on my property

deleted.
    Last edited by Spent2much; 4 April 2024, 06:23.

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    deleted.
    Hi

Extract from an answer to a question on the Land Registry website forum - https://customerhelp.landregistry.go...c-00224801e3da

"The type of debts, interests and charges referred to under Notices/Restrictions/Charging orders are likely to be less familiar and are often the type of register entry this Question is referencing
    When such entries are made on the register they generally only refer to the name of the creditor and the date the entry was made.
    We do not register the amount owed or how much remains to be paid and often that information can only be obtained from the creditor

In some cases we will have a copy of the court order/an agreement or similar document submitted at the time of registration
    ."

It doesn't say what happens if the Charge is paid off, but if you still want to know, you could register and ask the question on their forum.

EDIT:

This site - https://moneyadvisor.co.uk/check-deb...st-a-property/
    says -
    "3. After the Debt is Paid:
    The creditor must apply to the court for an order to discharge the charging order once the debt is repaid in full.
    Once discharged, the charging order will be removed from the Land Registry and will no longer have any effect on the property.

4. Land Registry Removal:
    Even after the discharge order is granted, the charging order may still appear on the Land Registry for a period of time. This is because the Land Registry takes some time to update its records. You can apply to the Land Registry to have the charging order removed once the discharge order is granted."

Last edited by Still Waving; 4 April 2024, 13:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Hi

Extract from an answer to a question on the Land Registry website forum - https://customerhelp.landregistry.go...c-00224801e3da

"The type of debts, interests and charges referred to under Notices/Restrictions/Charging orders are likely to be less familiar and are often the type of register entry this Question is referencing
      When such entries are made on the register they generally only refer to the name of the creditor and the date the entry was made.
      We do not register the amount owed or how much remains to be paid and often that information can only be obtained from the creditor

In some cases we will have a copy of the court order/an agreement or similar document submitted at the time of registration
      ."

It doesn't say what happens if the Charge is paid off, but if you still want to know, you could register and ask the question on their forum.

EDIT:

This site - https://moneyadvisor.co.uk/check-deb...st-a-property/
      says -
      "3. After the Debt is Paid:
      The creditor must apply to the court for an order to discharge the charging order once the debt is repaid in full.
      Once discharged, the charging order will be removed from the Land Registry and will no longer have any effect on the property.

4. Land Registry Removal:
      Even after the discharge order is granted, the charging order may still appear on the Land Registry for a period of time. This is because the Land Registry takes some time to update its records. You can apply to the Land Registry to have the charging order removed once the discharge order is granted."
      Thank you, we now have a mortgage provider looking at our situation , the charging order was husbands debt with virgin , its now with drysdenfairfax and we pay £5 a month as set by a judge , I have written to drysdenfairfax asking if we could pay a full and final payment , but also mention that this is only my husbands debt and not mine , I think it is under 5k , we could offer them £2k to clear it , I read on drysdenfairfax FAQ and it says once the charge is paid they will inform the land registry and they will remove the charge .
      We are not in any danger of losing the house , but it is with Mars Capital and we want to get away from that company. They are considering capitalising £15k of arrears in september , but we capitalised with our previous mortgage so might not be possible.
      We have been told by the guy who is trying to get us a new deal that even if he cannot and we are having to stay with Mars Capital and the won't capitalise the arrears , it is very unlikely they would force us out as they have been severely warned because of charges they used to add , and he said also they would look very very bad in the press if they forced a cancer patient with mental illness and her carer out .
      Other that this we can pay 2k if they'd accept this , and when drysden took over the debt from the original dca they rang and said if we are ever in a position to make an offer to clear it in the future to contact them .

Comment

I hope you will be able to resolve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
          I hope you will be able to resolve it.
          So do I , want to get away from Mars Capital, but it is reassuring that it is doubtful any judge would throw us out especially as we are paying the full contractual payment , not sure about the arrears as yet but even then I think we are safe if they sit there until we can find a way of getting rid of them .
          Thank you for your replies and help, I appreciate it .

Comment

Working...
          X