GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCAs and Settlements - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCAs and Settlements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greybeard View Post
    Hi All, so the day before I go on holiday and what should come through the letterbox... LBC from PRA no surprise really I'd been expecting it.

Some advice on how to proceed please. Debt is £2950 and I have been sent some statements (just those relating to PRA) and a credit agreement that Niddy said was enforceable.

TIA

Send me an email using di@joannaconnolly.co.uk

You have 30 days to reply to a Letter of Claim so it's not urgent unless you’ll be on holiday for a month.

Di

Comment

I'll be back by Thursday and have 30 days.

Comment

• MBNA Credit Card
        • DMP £30/mth
        • Defaulted (over 6 years)
        • PRA
        05/02/19 CCA requested
        05/02/19 All PAYMENTS STOPPED
        14/02/19 Statements received
        25/02/19 Copy of credit agreement received which Niddy says is enforceable. Letter asked for me to make contact within 10 days but have so far ignored it and no contact has been received from them either which is interesting as they would appear to have provided everything under the CCA request.

29/04/19 Still not heard anything from PRA and have not paid anything for 2 months now.

I assume that PRA’s Letter of Claim is for this ex-MBNA credit card?

Ive had a quick look back through your thread and I can see that it was assigned to Aktiv Kapital before PRA so they would need to prove both assignments.

Di

Comment

I'll be back by Thursday and have 30 days.

That’s fine - email me before you go if you have the time.

Di

Comment

Thanks Di,

Literally about to leave to get the train so I'll contact you on my return.

Comment

Thanks Di,

Literally about to leave to get the train so I'll contact you on my return.
              Enjoy your holiday, and we’ll be in touch when you’re back.

Put PRA out of your mind until then.

Di

Comment

Thanks for this thread

Comment

• Barclaycard/Goldfish Credit Card
                  • DMP £70/mth
                  • Link
                  05/02/19 CCA requested
                  29/03/19 Received 12 letters! with a statement for a 6 month period in each to cover the last 6 years.
                  29/04/19 No further contact and no credit agreement received
                  02/10/19 Letter received from Link saying Barclaycard have confirmed they are unable to comply with CCA request so currently

Comment

• MBNA Credit Card
                    • DMP £30/mth
                    • PRA
                    05/02/19 CCA requested
                    14/02/19 Statements received
                    25/02/19 Copy of credit agreement received which Niddy says is enforceable. Letter asked for me to make contact within 10 days but have so far ignored it and no contact has been received from them either which is interesting as they would appear to have provided everything under the CCA request.

29/04/19 Still not heard anything from PRA and have not paid anything for 2 months now.

09/09/19 LBC received
                    01/10/19 SAR sent to MBNA

Comment

• Halifax Credit Card
                      • DMP £80/mth
                      • Lowell-managed by Moorcroft Debt Recovery
                      05/02/19 CCA request sent
                      29/04/19 Letter received from Moorcroft stating that Lowell are unable to provide a copy of credit agreement so that's a bonus! They're asking me to call them to arrange a payment plan though because they believe the outstanding balance to be 'correctly due'.
                      Filed and ignored

31/07/19 Letter from Lowell saying that they are unable to provide copies of agreement or statements due to the amount of time passed.But they still consider the balance to be owing.

Comment

• Barclaycard/Goldfish Credit Card
                        • DMP £70/mth
                        • Link
                        05/02/19 CCA requested
                        29/03/19 Received 12 letters! with a statement for a 6 month period in each to cover the last 6 years.
                        02/10/19 Letter received from Link saying Barclaycard have confirmed they are unable to comply with CCA request so currently

That's good to hear, especially since you were considering a F & F settlement with Link earlier in the year.

Never underestimate the power of a s77-79 CCA Request

Di

Comment

• Goldfish Credit Card - Barclaycard - Link Financial/IDR Finance
                          • DMP £70/mth
                          • Link

05/02/19 CCA requested

02/10/19 Letter received from Link saying Barclaycard have confirmed they are unable to comply with CCA request so currently Unenforceable

Updates

Just receiving statements every 6 months - Filed & ignored

Comment

• Halifax Credit Card - Sigma SPV2 - Lowell
                            • DMP £80/mth
                            • Lowell - was managed by Moorcroft Debt Recovery and now by Resolvecall

29/04/19 Letter received stating that Lowell are unable to provide a copy of credit agreement so that's a bonus! They're asking me to call them to arrange a payment plan though because they believe the outstanding balance to be 'correctly due'.

Filed and ignored

Updates

Sept 2021 Account has been passed on to Resolvecall

Oct 2021 Offer of 40% reduction - Ignored & Filed

Nov 2021 Offer of 60% reduction- Ignored & Filed

Feb 2022 Still receiving loads of calls sometimes 3 a week - all on silent and go to voicemail - not engaging with them.

Any advice?

I’m happy to continue to ignore any attempt at contact. The last payment and CCA request was 3 years ago so another 3 years to statute barred.

Comment

• Halifax Credit Card - Sigma SPV2 - Lowell
                              • DMP £80/mth
                              • Lowell - was managed by Moorcroft Debt Recovery and now by Resolvecall

29/04/19 Letter received stating that Lowell are unable to provide a copy of credit agreement so that's a bonus! They're asking me to call them to arrange a payment plan though because they believe the outstanding balance to be 'correctly due'.

Filed and ignored

Updates

Sept 2021 Account has been passed on to Resolvecall

Oct 2021 Offer of 40% reduction - Ignored & Filed

Nov 2021 Offer of 60% reduction- Ignored & Filed

Feb 2022 Still receiving loads of calls sometimes 3 a week - all on silent and go to voicemail - not engaging with them.

Any advice?

I’m happy to continue to ignore any attempt at contact. The last payment and CCA request was 3 years ago so another 3 years to statute barred.
                              IGNORE.

If they can't provide a copy of your original agreement, it remains unenforceable. Remain silent. But do let us know if they become more threatening.

Comment

Sigma was suspect one years ago as I remember?

??????
                                Who are Sygma Bank UK?
                                Sygma Bank is a debt collection agency – as such, its legal powers are no different from those of the original creditor who previously owned your debt. Sygma Bank can (within reason) chase you for repayment of the debt, but they are not allowed to harass you or call you at unreasonable times.

Part of creation.?
                                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 20 February 2022, 16:54.
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X