GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script VT to finance company - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VT to finance company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT to finance company

VT to Finance company

I sent voluntary termination to BlackH ltd, on 20th September. They denied receiving it when I rang them. Then on 28th sept rang me to say that they have received it. But on the termination form they sent me to fill, they want me to accept the last payment and car collection charges of 75.00. As my direct debit was due on 25th of the month, they want that payment.
    But on a call, I pointed out that i am under no obligation to pay that since I terminated the agreement on the 20th.and the advisor said we will correct it.
    I haven't filled in the form coz it makes me accept liability to these charges.
    I don't know whether they may argue they received my VT after 25th. (though I posted recorded on 20th)
    But what I am more concerned is, they have already put a late payment note on my credit file which just poped up now.
    So what do I do now?
    This is going to affect my credit. Is there a template letter I can send to them or the credit reference agency?
    Thank you in advance.

If you posted recorded delivery have you checked the delivery date? Do not phone them unless you record the calls.

I think you need to raise a formal complaint with them.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have you got proof of delivery from the post office site?
      Because you posted it on the 20th they don't have to accept that as the date of termination, they sometimes state that they require a longer peiod of notice,

The late payment marker, if they remove it, will take a month to be ammended, they can't do it overnight.

You will already have default markers on your file re other accounts you have in arrears so your credit is already affected, unless those markers have already dropped off
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
        If you posted recorded delivery have you checked the delivery date? Do not phone them unless you record the calls.

I think you need to raise a formal complaint with them.
        Thank you.
        No records of delivery or signature, from royal mail. Only accepted records .
        Emailed a copy of the letter on 27th.
        I did record the phone conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          Have you got proof of delivery from the post office site?
          Because you posted it on the 20th they don't have to accept that as the date of termination, they sometimes state that they require a longer peiod of notice,

The late payment marker, if they remove it, will take a month to be ammended, they can't do it overnight.

You will already have default markers on your file re other accounts you have in arrears so your credit is already affected, unless those markers have already dropped off
          Thank you.
          I do have proof of posting it recorded.
          I have a clean credit file since 2015.

Comment

Working...
          X