GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Account sold after F&F settlement was completed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Account sold after F&F settlement was completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Account sold after F&F settlement was completed

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    Excellent!
    I still though do not understand this correspondence from Barclaycard. This is the sort of letter they send out when there has either been a complaint or a query on where payment has gone. If it was just a case of it taking a few weeks before payment is credited to your account then you would have had a standard 'Thank you for your payment' letter.

To state that they have 'traced' your payment, and apologised for any inconvenience caused suggests that at some point a query as to the whereabouts to the payment was made.

Apologies to keep focusing on this but I think this may be the hinge-pin on subsequent events.
    SnV
    Focus as much as you like, I appreciate the interest and assistance. I confirm 100% that five weeks after payment was made the "we have traced your payment" letter was received, following which there was NO communication of any kind, written, oral, or clairvoyant until the June 2012 letter saying they had sold the account in December 2011.

The hinge-pin is probably lousy administration by Barclaycard.

Comment

Guys we know DCA's send letters all the time that refer to previous communication that never actually existed, its not hard to believe Barclays could do the same.

My fear is, that as the full and final offer didnt include the part about "You accept £XXX in full & final settlement of this account with no reference or future ability to quote or use Penny v Cole [Pinnel 1602] in trying to recoup any written off balance;"

That they could use this as an excuse should any legal threats be made?

Niddy, whats the situation with this?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I suggest he awaits the response then emails me all letters since the f&f then I'll sort a suitable response (if the OP is interested)
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I suggest he awaits the response then emails me all letters since the f&f then I'll sort a suitable response (if the OP is interested)
          Sometimes i believe you have found the ability to clone yourself teh amount you do on here for others and have time to work and deal with your own issues.

If you have fancy sharing that info as to allow me to clone myself too??
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

^^^ Mate that's why I live on 3 hours sleep a day if I am lucky
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Here is another prime example of Barclays thinking they are above and beyond the usual laws - well this actually heavily weighs on the CRA's processes but Barclays actually instigated the problem.. ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=6571

Comment

Wonder what happened with this one ?

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
                  Wonder what happened with this one ?
                  sorry for the delay updating this thread. At Barclaycard's request I sent them copies of the receipted paying-in slips proving that the full and final settlement payments were made on time, over the counter, in cash.

Barclaycard's reply:
                  "Following the copies of the payment receipts you sent us, it would seem that the incorrect payment slip was used in the bank to make a payment to a Barclaycard account. Consequently the payments did not credit your Barclaycard accounts correctly and we did not locate the funds until 33 days later.
                  As a result of this the payments did not reach us in time for the settlements to be accepted and unfortunately the correct action was not taken when we located the payments, causing the balances to be sold to a Debt Collection Agency".

I suspect their reason given for the delay in tracing the payments is bs. The paying-in slips provided in the bank were photocopies of a regular slip and counterfoil, but without the perforations, as they had run out of stock. They bank clerk was told the payments were destined for Barclaycard but did not offer an alternative payment slip. They explained that the payments would credit normally if the sort code, account number and remittance references provided by Barclaycard were used. The details were taken from the Payment Instructions on the reverse of Barclaycard's full and final settlement acceptance letter.
                  Last edited by Brotherjon; 3 April 2014, 14:57.

Comment

Working...
                  X