GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Argos written balance off... help :) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argos written balance off... help :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argos written balance off... help :)

Hello, when a company agrees to write off a balance is it normal for them to say:

" Please note, as this will be done as a gesture of goodwill, the default for the account will not be updated to closed but instead will remain showing as open on your credit file. While we have not updated the default, I can confirm we will not be contacting you for this account again, nor will they be pass or sold on to another company once the account is closed."

should it show as closed? how should it show on my credit file as i have never had anything written off before.

thanks

they mean the default will stay on file till it is due to fall off,( 6 years on file in england, 5 in Scotland) BUT as they won't have anyting to record against it may drop off soon.
    nice they have written it off

NW
    Last edited by nightwatch; 1 August 2017, 19:18. Reason: f\t fingers
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X