GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script IVA - Looking for people who know what it's like as it feels very isolating - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IVA - Looking for people who know what it's like as it feels very isolating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IVA - Looking for people who know what it's like as it feels very isolating

Hi everyone,

I am new here and looking to chat to people with IVA experience because I had no choice but to enter one earlier this year. I'll spare you the essay but I am in my mid-20s, I was an idiot and accumulated way more debt than I could physically handle so I'm in this scenario now instead of burying my head in the sand because I just want this sorted and take responsibility. By the time my IVA is complete, I will be 31 and then I will see that as a fresh start and I can be a lot more sensible going forward but until then, I'm in this bad situation, unfortunately.

Obviously, it's a very humiliating thing to have to do and sometimes it really gets me down knowing I am insolvent, it is not pleasant and it means I have had to make sacrifices in order to accommodate the IVA. I have not told many people about it, only a handful of friends and my partner for the sake of transparency, so I'm largely dealing with this on my own and it's easy to feel like you're an absolute idiotic failure and you're the only person who is struggling. Realistically it's not the case but it can have an impact on your mental health.

So if any fellow people with IVAs would like to offer advice, support or their own experience I would really appreciate it because it's a long road to the finish line and I hate the fact it's six years away because it feels like an eternity. I'm comfortable with my monthly payments and I can make it work so I feel confident I can complete the IVA but it's still a depressing place to be.

• Type of account
    • Date commenced
    • Approx balance £
    • Date last paid
    • Are you on arrangement
    • Status defaulted
    • Account owner
    Hello welcome., before anybody with knowledge try and advise please fill in the diary for each account and give up to date info., action diary for any event etc from now on as a full picture can be very useful to try and assist you.,
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      • Type of account
      • Date commenced
      • Approx balance £
      • Date last paid
      • Are you on arrangement
      • Status defaulted
      • Account owner
      Hello welcome., before anybody with knowledge try and advise please fill in the diary for each account and give up to date info., action diary for any event etc from now on as a full picture can be very useful to try and assist you.,
      Completely agree with The Tech Clerk
      But you say IVA without giving details. An IVA might not prevent you being Sued. So its always sensible to take control over and look at the individual Debts. Don't make assumptions or indeed presumptions.
      I years ago was in your situation only to find later that actually every single Debt was flawed.
      You mention sacrifices to make these payments, well prices of Essentials are rising almost daily, what this may or might mean to you and the IVA who knows.

You have this IVA but NOW help yourself and others by setting out these individually in the Diary format and lets see what a forensic analysis reveals!
      This will help you and so many others to take control of your Life.

Welcome to AAD

Comment

Working...
      X