GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script IVA with payplan a question please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IVA with payplan a question please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCA Request if needed
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Have they ever sent CCA Requests to see if any of these debts are unenforceable?

I'm definitely not suggesting they should cancel the IVA because if it 'fails' all the interest which has been stopped could come whooshing back, and the IVA provider could take their fees out of what has been paid so far etc.

However, it might be useful for them to do some background research to see if the IVA may have been mis-sold. I'm not raising any expectations but read this in the Sun newspaper to get a better understanding > https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/7363258/iva-debt-refund/

Was the IVA the only debt solution option recommended to them?

Di
      Hi, they were allowed to keep £500 after I told them what to say to them, the IVA was the only solution , they would have been paying back a dmp for 16 years .Thanks for the advice, my daughter in law is very fearful and she wouldn't fight for that , she would be very anxious .

Comment

IF you cca the debts and IF some come back UE and IF on reading up you believe the IVA was missold you could make a complaint on their behalf with a letter of authority.

personally I have no time at all for payplan . Lots of IFs and BUTS there but they must do what is right for them. Glad they got to keep the £500 which would almost certainly have gone to line their pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
          IF you cca the debts and IF some come back UE and IF on reading up you believe the IVA was missold you could make a complaint on their behalf with a letter of authority.

personally I have no time at all for payplan . Lots of IFs and BUTS there but they must do what is right for them. Glad they got to keep the £500 which would almost certainly have gone to line their pockets.
          I think all their debts are after 2007 , I was with payplan for years , then when they wanted to see bank statements and wage slips i told them to get lost , I've two debts that one is a CCJ the other is a charge on the house , CCJ is a quid a month the charge is a fiver a month, the CCJ which is being handled through robbers dog write to me and ask me to fill in an I&E , I just write back saying , no thanks , the pound is set by the court so it stays that way

Comment

As you know , just because they are post 2007 doesn’t mean there isn’t protection. An accurate and true copy of the agreement , a compliant default notice and clear assignment.

You are also correct, only a court can force a reconsideration of payment.

Comment

Working...
            X