GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New to DMP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to DMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to DMP

Hi saltnvinegar, just waiting to confirm my works HR department have done the simple task of putting my salary into my new account first. Then i can pay off the overdraft on the joint Santander account that i hold with my wife and close it - the wife is not included in my dmp as all debts are in my name - hope this makes sense !.
    Gericke

Comment

Originally posted by gericke View Post
      the wife is not included in my dmp as all debts are in my name
      Including those run up by her shoe collection?

Comment

Santy are complete @rseholes to deal with I send a harrasment letter to stop the calls but they still won't acknowledge my DMP, and have passed collection to a DCA (moorcroft)!

Comment

Hi everyone, just posting to let people know how things are going !. Well so far all the credit card companies have stopped adding interest, but the Halifax are still charging me the current account monthly fee & overdraft interest. Received a letter today showing £114 of interest to be added to my account this month.
          My question is, what can i do to stop this interest and account charge being added to my balance each month. I'm with the CCCS, should i be asking them to approach the Halifax regarding this problem.
          Many thanks Gericke.

Comment

Yes, CCCS should definitely be working hard on your behalf to get the interest frozen.

We talked earlier about Santander. Second to them are Halifax, so you've chosen two of the most awkward. Halifax come round eventually, but it can take some fairly heavy negotiating. You may need to push CCCS quite hard to do this for you. Have they done anything other send the initial letters?

Comment

Hi BBoo, no just sent out the initial letter about setting up a DMP with CCCS. It's only been 1 month since my DMP started and everything has went well. I have a debt with Halifax credit card and they have stopped the interest charges on that, but as i posted last, they haven't stop the current account overdraft charges.
              What is the best way to approach this ?. The charges are far greater than the monthly DMP payment, so the debt is just going to grow and grow !. Going to contact the CCCS about this on Monday, any advice on how to handle this - things i can push them to do, or even write to the Halifax myself ?.
              Many thanks Gericke.

Comment

Hi Gericke

Although CCCS are running your DMP, its still your DMP and the hard work has to be done by you. Normally I wouldn't say phone them but I have to say that when we had a DMP (before we discovered UE), I phoned regularly to try to get them to reduce interest (wih some success), if they don't after say 3 months, report them to the FOS. Your are in a DMP, they are not helping and they are supposed to. If you feel you can't speak to them on the phone write to them. Just don't expect CCCS to fight for you, too many DMPs, IVAs, DAS etc, essentially you are responsible for yourself. Calm and assertive works well

Comment

I take a different view to Evenlessdopey - neither is right and neither wrong.

I'd see it as the role of the DMP provider to use the extra influence they have to try their best to get interest and charges stopped.

For example, with Halifax and O/D charges, I would hope they'd be writing to Halifx, on your behalf, pointing out the fact they are in breach of Section Nine of the Lending Code, to which they are subscribed, which states they should, in cases of financial hardship, look to freeze charges and interest, and should not act in a way which increases the amount the debtor owes.

Of course you can do this yourself, but I would hope that CCCS would willingly do this for you, as it undoubtedly carries a bigger punch coming from them.

So you've got two separate views of what to expect. There is no doubt it is your DMP, but if CCCS are acting on your behalf, I'd be inclined to ask them to act.

Having said that, it is very early days, and so any approach to them should be made very politely - this is likely to achieve more positive results anyway.

Comment

i agree Bboo, that is what CCCS should do, but they certainly don't, read the threads on MSE, they facilitate the payments and send the initial letters but they certainly don't do one to one negotiations on anyone's behalf, apart from anything else, they run too many DMPs and have too few staff, we had a DMP with CCCS before we discovered Niddy, any interest that stopped was because I persued it, not because CCCS did anything.

Comment

That is indeed a shame, as what they're offering is not a Debt Management Plan but a Debt Increasement Plan if they won't stop interest.

Looks like it's down to the OP then.

Comment

Many thanks for the advice BBoo & evenlessdopey. Is there a letter template i could use or a link to the "Lending Code", so i can beef up my letter with some banking jargon that us mortals find so hard to understand.
                        Learning a little as i go!
                        Gericke

Comment

http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org...endingcode.pdf

Section Nine, page 28!

Comment

Working...
                          X