GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DMP in Place but substanstial debt has gone missing - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMP in Place but substanstial debt has gone missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DMP in Place but substanstial debt has gone missing

I called Stepchange this morning. They were quite vague about the interest charges, What they did say is i would need to speak to the creditors to get clarification of interest being frozen, Im going to check my creditors in the new year and get it in writing regarding the frozen interest. The UE route does sound good but there may be a problem i need to overcome, All of these debts started out as "unsecured" however because my wife had a mortgage when we got together, She was chased and ended up with a CCJ and a holding order on the house, Could this stop me going down the UE route? The rest is unsecured.

Comment

Hi, a CCJ will not stop you going doing the UE route., the only one you won't be able to go down the UE route is the one with a CCJ. Each debt is different and is treated on its own merits.
      Start as soon as you are ready, send everything signed for and send to Niddy when you get their replies. Start a file for each debt!
      good luck.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardFord1976 View Post
        I called Stepchange this morning. They were quite vague about the interest charges, What they did say is i would need to speak to the creditors to get clarification of interest being frozen, Im going to check my creditors in the new year and get it in writing regarding the frozen interest.
        Ok that in itself is ringing massive alarm bells. Stepchange SHOULD know the answer to this is they are managing your DMP and communicating with creditors on your behalf. Do not be surprised should you find out that some of your creditors are still applying interest and late payment charges.

Stepchange should also know better than advising you to call your creditors. Put this request to them in writing, and give them 14 days to respond. You don't need to wait until the new year to do this, print off a few letters and get them sent off this week. The sooner you know the answer to this the better.

Originally posted by RichardFord1976 View Post
        All of these debts started out as "unsecured" however because my wife had a mortgage when we got together, She was chased and ended up with a CCJ and a holding order on the house, Could this stop me going down the UE route? The rest is unsecured.
        No - as Cymraumbyth says theres nothing stopping you looking at using UE for the other debts that are not secured with a Charging Order and CCJ. Let me guess - when you received the claim Stepchange advised you to admit to the debt and you got a judgement against you by default?
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I would go down the UE route if it were me, because I already am doing , your debts are before April 2007 , also the ccj debt cannot be included in the UE I don't think , or the charge but the rest can and it will save you £300 a month

Comment

Working...
          X