GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script I really need my life back - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really need my life back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I really need my life back

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    good luck, let us know how it goes, keep us updated.

will do, it might take YEARS (decades) lol but i'll be here, updating on all my progress

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
      This is more relevant if you are following the UE route because they may not always find your original agreement and may attempt to recreate one and pass it as the original you allegedly signed agreeing to some terms you may never have agreed to.
      Yes I see they can be very underhand, but i think i'm going to cover my ass regardless.

Comment

I've sent of all my offers of repayment, now I guess it is a waiting game!

They can not really refuse my offer of repayment, as I gave them a SOA, may have bumped up a little of my expenses as well, just to cover any expenses I forgot about.

Comment

good luck
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Survival View Post
            thanks so much, i never realised there was a formula to working out my repayment offer.
            Also the templates for my monthly payments are amazing and also the information on sign digitally was very interesting.
            I doubt i'll ever sign a letter to a creditor again, I'm going to cover myself with digital signature.

also I'm going to go for the figures of:
            HSBC OD £1772.11 ....£13.72
            Virgin CC 1703.85........£13.20
            HSBC CC 1306.67.......£10.12
            littlewoods £380.77.......£2.94

I'm also going to propose I start the payments from the 7th of every month, meaning October.
            Based on how small these debts are, I would not be paying back - not a chance in hell. None of the lenders above will try and enforce these debts, it's just not a viable option.

i would have been going UE myself.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Based on how small these debts are, I would not be paying back - not a chance in hell. None of the lenders above will try and enforce these debts, it's just not a viable option.

i would have been going UE myself.
              how so?

sorry if i come across as a bit slow

Why would they not enforce the debts?

the letters I received originally were threatening all sorts of action, when I got back in touch, it opened the floodgates to phone calls which i started to ignore.
              They're like sharks baying for my blood, so i'm going to give them some blood, just a small amout each month

Comment

how so?

sorry if i come across as a bit slow

Why would they not enforce the debts?

the letters I received originally were threatening all sorts of action, when I got back in touch, it opened the floodgates to phone calls which i started to ignore.
                They're like sharks baying for my blood, so i'm going to give them some blood, just a small amout each month
                They are too small and not really worth legal action, yes there is a risk they will but then we worry about that at the time and if necessary consider a Tomlin.

They all make threats, you think we'd be in business if we listened to half of what they threaten they'll do....

Up to you but we kinda know what we're doing here and would not see you harmed by these twats.

Comment

and do it for how many years - why? non payment for 6 years means it could go SB - making payments means you reset the SB clock to day one again!

Comment

ah i see now, alot of the payments last made were in 2010, so i'm already 2 years into the 6 years, if i start payments again then it's 6 years from date of each payment?

Might not be worth it then, slaving away at a debt which will takes years, i'm probably better off waiting the 6 years, which will also coincide with the 6 years it takes for my credit file to be wiped!

Comment

ah i see now, alot of the payments last made were in 2010, so i'm already 2 years into the 6 years, if i start payments again then it's 6 years from date of each payment?

Yep, that's my understanding of it.

Might not be worth it then, slaving away at a debt which will takes years, i'm probably better off waiting the 6 years, which will also coincide with the 6 years it takes for my credit file to be wiped!

If you don't have to pay, why bother?
                      Keep us posted!
                      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks guys and dolls for all the advice, I'm not going to pay it back, I will not respond to any letters and i'll not be answering their calls.

I'm going to change my PAYG sim soon anyway, so that'll be one harrassment line of communication shut down.

Comment

Awful week health wise, finally back at work, received some letters from various creditors, I am ignoring them, I'm kicking myself for getting back in touch with them tbh.
                          although written letters I can handle, I just wont open them LOL
                          I have changed my sim card as well

Comment

survival you need to read the letters and come on here and tell us if anything mentions court. It is very unlikely that anyone will take you to court for these, BUT better safe than sorry. You're right not to answer the phone but keep a weather eye on the letters.

You should have a read around the forum and see how others are handling the UE experience.

Comment

Awful week health wise, finally back at work, received some letters from various creditors, I am ignoring them, I'm kicking myself for getting back in touch with them tbh.
                              although written letters I can handle, I just wont open them LOL
                              I have changed my sim card as well
                              It's one thing not opening letters but you could be leaving yourself open to all kinds of trouble. Why not do things properly and send off cca requests?
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks MrsD & Pixie

I will open the letters to keep a cursory eye on what they're threatening me with.

What will a CCA request do?

Comment

Working...
                                X