GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Procrastination over , now need some help on DMP clearance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Procrastination over , now need some help on DMP clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procrastination over , now need some help on DMP clearance

Having got myself into some heavy credit card debt ( foolish spending & balance transfer naivety) I entered into a DMP with Debt Advisory Line at the end of 2012 and started making payments in February 2013.
    Since then I have made my regular payments and whilst considered paying off some of the debt I have not been in the position to do so until now.
    Having just reviewed my account with DAL and asked for an idea of what settlement amounts I might agree. Not being satisfied with their advice I started a search on the web and having looked at a lot of sites find myself here looking for advice.
    Basically it looks like I should have made this move few years back but hey ho , I didnt !.
    From what I have read it looks like my first action should be to send CCA letters to those who are now holding my debt ie,

Capital One Credit CArd
    Link Financial ( 3 accounts)
    PRA Group UK
    Westcot Credit ( 2 accounts)

Am I correct in assuming this is my first move ?
    Should I inform DAL ?
    Should I continue monthly payments to DAL ?

I am looking forward to getting stuck into this so would appreciate any advice & assistance

Cheers

Hooker

Hi
    You should certainly ditch DAL, as they are charging you fees each month which could have gone to reducing your debt. There are FREE dmp providers. If you do decide to carry on paying, use one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooker View Post
      From what I have read it looks like my first action should be to send CCA letters to those who are now holding my debt ie,
      Capital One Credit CArd
      PRA Group UK
      Hello Hooker

May I ask who was the original creditor of the debt now apparently owned by PRA? Was it MBNA or Barclaycard?

I have a good reason for asking.

I'll help you to start a diary for all of these debts tomorrow.

Di

Comment

Di

The PRA debt is from Barclaycard

H

Comment

Capital One Credit CArd
          PRA Group UK

Am I correct in assuming this is my first move ?

I am looking forward to getting stuck into this so would appreciate any advice & assistance
          Time to get stuck in as your thread title says

Send a s 77-79 CCA Request with a ÂŁ1 postal order for the statutory fee to each of the seven debt owners. There's a CCA Request Template Letter in this link here >

https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...mplate-letters

Then the best thing to do is start a new thread as your 'Unenforceable Diary' where you can update every step of the way and get help on what you need (or don't need!) to do next every time you hear from the debt owner. Use this as a basic format with a separate post for each account >
          • Type of account (credit card/loan/overdraft)
          • Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)
          • Approx balance
          • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying
          • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
          • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

If you read this thread it may help you to get you started > https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...-read-me-first

I look forward to helping you.

Di

Comment

Well , there's procrastination & there's PROCRASTINATION !

Whilst I have been fortunately very busy as a self employed business it has meant I have been putting off starting down this route but am now ready. I feel I should apologise Diana as you were very helpful 'offline' and gave me a lot of confidence in making this (delayed) move

So that I am sure I am starting out in right way I would like to check that the following is how I should proceed..

!. Send Advaced SAR request to DMP provider ( I need to check who holds debt)
            2. Cancel DMP
            3. Send s 77-79 Letter to all debt holders . Assume this means latest company who holds debt rather than original cc company.
            4. Start Unenforceable Diary

Thank you in advance & promise no more procrastinationg !

Comment

Post deleted - technical error
              Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 17 August 2018, 09:57.

Comment

Well , there's procrastination & there's PROCRASTINATION !

Whilst I have been fortunately very busy as a self employed business it has meant I have been putting off starting down this route but am now ready. I feel I should apologise Diana as you were very helpful 'offline' and gave me a lot of confidence in making this (delayed) move

So that I am sure I am starting out in right way I would like to check that the following is how I should proceed..

!. Send Advaced SAR request to DMP provider ( I need to check who holds debt)
                2. Cancel DMP
                3. Send s 77-79 Letter to all debt holders . Assume this means latest company who holds debt rather than original cc company.
                4. Start Unenforceable Diary

Thank you in advance & promise no more procrastinationg !

Better late than never

It’s not always obvious who actually owns a debt especially when a DMP has been involved which means you’ve not been dealing direct with the creditors (although they should send you any Notice of Assignment if it’s sold).

The important thing is to send the right letter/request to the right person at the right time.

So your next step should be to make a separate post for each debt as suggested in my post # 5 and we’ll take it from there.

Di

Comment

Thanks Diane

I am about to set up posts for each debt. I assume these are best posted in the Diary / Blog section ?

Should I advise my DMP provider ( Gregory Pennington) that I am going it alone ? Also do I need to send SAR request as I have details of the debt amounts and who they are now owned by

Best Regards

Comment

Should have added that whilst I have debt owners & amounts I am not able to see account details ie .number at present

Comment

I am about to set up posts for each debt. I assume these are best posted in the Diary / Blog section ?

Should I advise my DMP provider ( Gregory Pennington) that I am going it alone ? Also do I need to send SAR request as I have details of the debt amounts and who they are now owned by

Good to see your procrastination is finally over

I've asked if someone could merge your seven threads into one Diary for you, then you can flesh out each post with more detail using this format >
                      • Type of account (credit card/loan/overdraft)
                      • Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)
                      • Approx balance
                      • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
                      • Are you on arrangement or not paying
                      • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
                      • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender or a debt purchaser)
                      When is your next payment to Gregory Pennington (DMP) due to be made? If you're planning to self manage I see no reason to hesitate.

The SAR Request to them (GP) will produce a full history of any correspondence between your creditors and them (GP) which can be useful. But I wouldn't send that for another month while you settle into your new strategy, and while they tidy up any loose ends on your behalf.

Di

Comment

Thanks.

My next payment is due at the end of this month.

I will advise GP that I will be self managing tomorrow and delay the SAR for a month.

Comment

Hi Diana

have been away , not procrastinating !

I have now advised Gregory Pennington that I am going it alone so will now issue the SAR request. Assume that is ok.?

You mentioned above about merging threads . Noting the comments referring to my diary notes I am not sure that this has been done or if I just include all debts in one thread.

Regards

Comment

Having sent my SAR to Gregory Pennington I received a phone call today from them asking what information I require. My response was everything they had including details of credit cards before debts sold. I was told that this was not possible as GP had taken over Debt Advisory Line (DAL) and the information was not transferred (?) . I sugested that this was unlikely and they has a statury obligation to provide all information.

After the call I received an email which had a attached a schedule of the current debt holders , amounts due and reference number . The email wording is as follows ..

To confirm, your Debt Management Plan commenced with the Debt Advisory Line on the 24th November 2011.

Please find attached a list of your outstanding lenders, their estimated balances and their reference numbers as requested earlier today. The password to open the attachment is the password that you would confirm when you contact us over the telephone and may well be different to the one that you have for your online account. This is case sensitive and the first letter is a capital. Please let me know if you have any problems with this or need any further information once you have viewed the documents.

Should you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to call us on 0161 393 7157.

I guess this is just a brush off attempt and will respond but before doing so would appreciate any guidance

H

Comment

Hi
                              Absolutely a brush off, at the very least they should be able to show what money came in and what was paid out. There should also be records of any communication you had with them.

I would be resending the GDPR request and putting in bold you require everything and all information they hold on you.

Comment

Working...
                              X