GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Time for DMP or Wait it Out? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for DMP or Wait it Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for DMP or Wait it Out?

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    If it was me I would stick with the 'status quo' and 'not rock the boat' on the basis of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' and any other cliches I can think of
    Originally posted by Flowerpower
    In other words, why upset the apple cart?
    Could there be any more cliches
    If it ain't broke...

Looks to me like many hands do make light work in helping me make decisions... not one of my strong points unfortunately however good things can come to those who wait Afterall, patience is a virtue

Thanks to all of you for making me see sense, I knew you would and I should've known the answers to my own question anyway. In fact maybe I did know and just wanted reassurance that I was doing the right thing. I think part of my problem is that I'm not used to having any money in the bank/under the mattress as I've only ever really spent on credit for most of my life and it's really hard keeping it there ready for creditors and not blowing it on a holiday/getting stuff around the house fixed/just spending it for spendings sake.

Comment

I'm afraid 'spending' is in my DNA

But I'm getting quite a kick out of having a bit on the side to pay off any creditor which gets too close. It's my Hush Fund. If I get any of those nasty blue forms from Northampton County Court I know I've got something I can use to buy my way out of trouble

That's how I can sleep at night while I'm up to my eyes and beyond in debt

Comment

I find the only way not to spend the money is to have it somewhere that's not easily accessible
        Like Thompsons Holiday Deposit?

I'm getting quite a kick out of having a bit on the side
        Now there is an admission!

Comment

if you think about it, they whole point of doing UE was to get our lives back, from buckling under the piles of debt.

so that is exactly what we've done,we got our lives back, and you have to live a little, but Oh the joy of a wee stash carefully hoarded away somewhere.

so back to cliches, share and share alike....................

Comment

But I'm getting quite a kick out of having a bit on the side

That's how I can sleep at night
            Well of course you can sleep at night having a bit on the side, you need a bit on both sides. Much more interesting

Comment

Working...
            X