GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Recently entered default on very old account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recently entered default on very old account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recently entered default on very old account

Hi All,

Glad to see you're still continuing with all the great help and advice.

I was wondering if I could get some advice as what to do about a situation that has arisen AGAIN! Basically, it's to do with this old default - following the excellent advice I got on here, Lloyds removed the default from my credit file (they just removed it and didn't respond to my letters) around Feb of 2012.

The, in August of last year, I suddenly received a letter from Robinson Way about the account!! I laughed it off - sent them a prove it letter and then a follow up and they skulked off and left me alone. I have checked my credit file - lo and behold - Lloyds have re-registered the default.

I've written to them twice. The first letter was ignored. The second has been, so far, ignored, but....a couple of days ago, I received a letter from Moorcroft. It now seems they've ignored my letter, but are now getting Moorcroft to harass me.

What do you reckon I should do? This was the year I was hoping to get a mortgage and I was on track for that to happen around the summer, but this problem default is still haunting me.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Time is not your friend right now, I expect to have confirmation from you that this default will be removed within the next 21 days which is ample time to inform the credit agencies of your gigantic error.

I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Hi all, any thoughts on this one?

Thanks again

Comment

Read up - I already told you what to do yonks ago. Obviously you'll now go to the ICO and formally complain to the CRA by clarifying this is a duplicate default and remind them the dates it used to be present, ie 2006-2012 or whatever it was.

It's expired so anything derogatory can result in libel against the cra and bank/dca.

Your complaint would be based on my letters above to fit the situation as it is now after the default was removed.

As for the dca, send the template above edited to suit.

Ill do it for you in morning if you want?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

I'm in the process of going over old ground and am currently trying to shake Moorcroft. I should ignore them, I guess, but I thought it would be more amusing to see what approach they take. Anyway, I sent them a prove it letter and they sent me a hilarious response back - it had literally nothing to do with what I'd sent them. They're purely trying to baffle me with total guff Obviously, thanks to this site, I'm wise to it, so I'm going to follow up with a second, much firmer letter

Something I do need advice on is an SAR request I sent to Lloyds. I'm attempting to get hold of the old statements again ready to complain to the relevant bodies (I did have them from my previous SAR request but misplaced them!). They replied asking for a signature!!!! What's the official/legal view on providing signatures for SARs? Do I need to or can I get around it?

Comment

First post of the thread updated with the latest

Cheers all.

Comment

Re: Recently entered default on very old account: SUCCESS

Originally posted by chz80 View Post
                UPDATE 23 July 2013:

Well after two complaints to Lloyds, a final response, and a hilarious, but frustrating telephone debate with one of their "Customer Service" reps, I took this to the FOS who found in my favour and instructed Lloyds to remove the default and write off the alleged debt.

I can't say how grateful I am to everyone who gave me advice, especially, of course - Niddy.

I'd also like to make a special mention to the patronising customer service rep who insisted the (alleged) debt was kept alive by them writing to me!! Haha! Clearly not, huh!?
                Excellent. Well done.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done from me too chz80
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well done. Result
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Moved Joe's posts to his own thread -- > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ry-old-account
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                      X