GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax Overdraft Default Woes - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax Overdraft Default Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halifax Overdraft Default Woes

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Hiya

Yes AP means Arrangement to Pay.

Regards your credit file, that suggests payment was made in Feb & Mar. The reason of the default, from reading your report suggests April's payment was missed so they went straight in with the default as per guidelines to issuance of default via CRA's.

Not many legs to stand on without the actual payment dates to hand....

Do you have statements? If not then you need to send a formal SAR ---> Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request - allaboutDEBT UK
    I have statements that are worth cock all because they only sent me a years worth...Is there a list of specific addresses that I need to send the SAR to?

Comment

Originally posted by fivezerothree View Post
      I have statements that are worth cock all because they only sent me a years worth...Is there a list of specific addresses that I need to send the SAR to?
      You would send it to HBOS -->

Halifax
      Customer Relations
      PO Box 548
      Leeds
      LS1 1WU
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi thanks for the message... Let me digest x

Comment

You would send it to HBOS -->

Halifax
          Customer Relations
          PO Box 548
          Leeds
          LS1 1WU
          Haha, it's funny that I used to work in a shop directly below this office at the time I took out this account.

Letter's done and dusted. I will post it ASAFP.

I suppose I just will reincarnate this thread when I get a reply and make any findings relating to your last comments Niddy!

Thanks again buddy.

Comment

Hi Firstly one small default wouldn't refuse you car finance... there usually is more to that and usually its down to electoral roll etc.

What I needto know is who you got rejected by, what dealership etc. I also need to know if there is anything else sinister on your file. or someone your associated with.

if yur in the position to buy in the next few days it would be good its end of the auto industry quarter deals to be had and finance gets pushed through as its not all down to computer says no.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
              Hi Firstly one small default wouldn't refuse you car finance... there usually is more to that and usually its down to electoral roll etc.

What I needto know is who you got rejected by, what dealership etc. I also need to know if there is anything else sinister on your file. or someone your associated with.

if yur in the position to buy in the next few days it would be good its end of the auto industry quarter deals to be had and finance gets pushed through as its not all down to computer says no.
              Hi Jen!

There is a small issue with the ER. While I have technically lived at this address for 11-12 years, some moron made a series of epic clerical errors including spelling my last name wrong and entering my date of birth in the future at the time of registration. It's as if I disappeared after that, I only got it officially sorted last year. What it may look like is that I have only been on the ER for one year or less.

Ask me questions and I will help best I can. There are other unrelated minors.

I would potentially be in the position to buy next month with a low deposit. I could probably save £100 or more a month towards the deposit basically.

The Car People refused me, obviously without reason.
              Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 28 March 2013, 14:53.

Comment

Ask me questions and I will help best I can. There are other unrelated minors.
                As per my PM, post edited to reflect this change of text

I don't want users sending this sort of info to anyone, it's not what we do. Jen will ask questions, feel free to answer and move to email/pm if you need to discuss private stuff.

We are DPA Registered but we like to be ultra safe here.

Thanks - keeps everyone safe this way
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The Car People refused me, obviously without reason.
                  Cos they're shyte

haha

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post

You know what I think it may be all about the Electoral Roll now. Call me naive, stupid or whatever but I thought I was down on the electoral roll 'naturally'. Turns out my parents haven't filled in one of the cards for years (says the local council) and that they have been taking the info from council tax of which I am not on.

So I've been on the Electoral Roll for less than one year, although my CR says one year – whatever.

In my credit applications I have been putting down I have lived at my current address for 10-11 years. When in fact the CR only says one year and I have lived in Leeds at two addresses within a four year period, but not on the electoral roll even though I was paying council tax...

That might be the issue, but I'm not exactly how to sort it, or 'correctly' apply for finance.

Comment

Cos they're shyte

haha
                      I won't ask what you think of Carcraft then!

Comment

You know what I think it may be all about the Electoral Roll now. Call me naive, stupid or whatever but I thought I was down on the electoral roll 'naturally'. Turns out my parents haven't filled in one of the cards for years (says the local council) and that they have been taking the info from council tax of which I am not on.

So I've been on the Electoral Roll for less than one year, although my CR says one year – whatever.

In my credit applications I have been putting down I have lived at my current address for 10-11 years. When in fact the CR only says one year and I have lived in Leeds at two addresses within a four year period, but not on the electoral roll even though I was paying council tax...

That might be the issue, but I'm not exactly how to sort it, or 'correctly' apply for finance.
                        Thats easy to resolve, just ask council for a letter confirming your addresses, send a copy to each CRA and request they update their records.

I did this, it's pretty painless and takes a month or so to resolve. That said, depends on your age etc the length of time you lived there shouldn't matter if you're at your parents cos technically, from age 18 you'd add on the years then so if you're 25 you'd say you lived there 7 years, or 25 years. But whatever option you pick you must tally it forever as N Hunter is an FPA who store such discrepancies.

N Hunter explained here --> Fraud Prevention - allaboutFORUMS

But in a nutshell they sweep application where Experian was used for discrepancies between applications so assume you applied to Bank 1 in jan 2005 and said you lived at your address for 10 years but then in Jan 2010 you applied to Bank 2 saying you'd lived there 12 years, N Hunter would pick up the discrepancy and force a manual intervention from the lender (Bank) usually giving a rejection.

So never guess dates as they can severely affect you. That said, something like a promotion or genuine move would not flag up, so say you applied in Jan 2005 and said you lived there 10 years and worked at ABC Company for 10 years and earned £20,000 p/a but then in 2008 you moved and applied to a bank with the details that you lived at address 1 for 13 years x months then address 2 for x years and x months (to tally up correctly) and had worked in your job for 3 years and earned £35,000 - all that is plausible.

Confusing to explain but it could be N Hunter that flagged a decline. Especially with what you just said.

Linky to N Hunter --> Welcome to National Hunter

Might be worth SARing them you know, if there are errors I can help with that

Comment

Thats easy to resolve, just ask council for a letter confirming your addresses, send a copy to each CRA and request they update their records.

I did this, it's pretty painless and takes a month or so to resolve. That said, depends on your age etc the length of time you lived there shouldn't matter if you're at your parents cos technically, from age 18 you'd add on the years then so if you're 25 you'd say you lived there 7 years, or 25 years. But whatever option you pick you must tally it forever as N Hunter is an FPA who store such discrepancies.

N Hunter explained here --> Fraud Prevention - allaboutFORUMS

But in a nutshell they sweep application where Experian was used for discrepancies between applications so assume you applied to Bank 1 in jan 2005 and said you lived at your address for 10 years but then in Jan 2010 you applied to Bank 2 saying you'd lived there 12 years, N Hunter would pick up the discrepancy and force a manual intervention from the lender (Bank) usually giving a rejection.

So never guess dates as they can severely affect you. That said, something like a promotion or genuine move would not flag up, so say you applied in Jan 2005 and said you lived there 10 years and worked at ABC Company for 10 years and earned £20,000 p/a but then in 2008 you moved and applied to a bank with the details that you lived at address 1 for 13 years x months then address 2 for x years and x months (to tally up correctly) and had worked in your job for 3 years and earned £35,000 - all that is plausible.

Confusing to explain but it could be N Hunter that flagged a decline. Especially with what you just said.

Linky to N Hunter --> Welcome to National Hunter

Might be worth SARing them you know, if there are errors I can help with that
                          I've had a little read into it. Right so if they used Experian which is quite likely and my entered details were significantly different then they would refuse credit.

To find out what details they hold/think are correct, I should throw a SAR at them?

Comment

I've had a little read into it. Right so if they used Experian which is quite likely and my entered details were significantly different then they would refuse credit.

To find out what details they hold/think are correct, I should throw a SAR at them?
                            Yep seems like that has happened, but N Hunter cannot decline you, they just refer the automated process of scoring to a state that invokes an underwriter intervention.

I would SAR N Hunter, then when you get that data back we can assess what is wrong and go from there - easy to fix as you have a good reason, not like you're hiding from the past or anything, so you've nothing to worry about

We'll get there - you'll learn a lot about the process on AAD

So your chores are:

1. SAR the Bank
                            2. SAR N Hunter
                            3. Request council send YOU a letter confirming address history based on council tax records

Comment

LOL I know carcraft all too well.

OK well yes this sounds like an ER problem more so then a default problem.

What I personally would do is call said car company finance and request the reason of denial which they can give to you.

However there are a few lenders that are non computer says no.. you need that. Call the dealership and ask who they use let me know I can give you a good insight who does what.

Comment

Sorry to back pedal a little but I was interesting in the closing statement of the advanced SAR template.

Where any information that you provide includes any charges, for example returned payments, late payment fees, and so forth, would you please advise your breakdown of actual costs (liquidated damages) incurred for each charge,
                                Is this asking them to substantiate the amounts they have charged me and forcing them to tell me what it actually cost the bank to bounce a direct debit or for me to go into unarranged overdraft etc?

What I personally would do is call said car company finance and request the reason of denial which they can give to you.

However there are a few lenders that are non computer says no.. you need that. Call the dealership and ask who they use let me know I can give you a good insight who does what.
                                Jen, I will look into this on Tuesday as I am working over the easter holiday period. Dyson does quite well over this period!

Comment

Working...
                                X