GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard Mercers and default notices - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard Mercers and default notices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard Mercers and default notices

Originally posted by realfedup View Post
    Hi Niddy

So does that mean if Barclaycard try to enforce on my debt with its
    illegible CCA
    Mercers DN
    debt sold onto Hoist (with Bryan Carter chasing)
    they will have difficulty and i could successfully defend?
    They cannot enforce if they're not entitled can they?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Enforcer
      Was the Default taken off automatically or did you have to persuade Barclaycard? My concern is that they will buy my debt back then issue me with a valid DN.
      I'd not worry about CRA entries. We are specifically talking a s.87 default. Nothing to do with the CRA's.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Listen to what Niddy is telling you. My case went to FOS who ruled that Barclaycard could not comply with cca request. End of. They were stuffed. However I have still had the usual crap from MKDP Hoist Portfolio and all. Nothing they can other than threaten. Try not to stress!

Comment

Hi Niddy

So does that mean if Barclaycard try to enforce on my debt with its
          illegible CCA
          Mercers DN
          debt sold onto Hoist (with Bryan Carter chasing)
          they will have difficulty and i could successfully defend?
          Be careful though with Bryan C.
          They are known to issue claims so better do everything by the (AAD) book - respond timely and properly without being cocky

Comment

Hi
            don't worry I'm taking heed:-) no point me asking for advice if I'm not going to take it:-)
            last letter offered me 50% discount. Didn't count this a LBA so ignored waiting for their next move.

Comment

Hi realfedup.Looks like Bryan Carter have finally given up. Website now closed. Have you got any further with this?

Comment

Hi Enforcer,

i didn't even know BC had a website:-) has he retired?

i'm waiting 4 their next move, so guess i will be hearing from whomever is the new BC lookelikee at some point:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Correct. We beat them in court as a result of this.....
                  Hi
                  Could you supply a little bit more detail, as I've searched all over the place and got conflicting views, but no-one has said they won in court on this point?
                  You beat the DCA as the Default Notice was issued by Mercers and not the owner of the debt as legislation dictates?
                  Thanks

Apologies if I've hijacked a thread, but seems a few years old

Comment

Working...
                  X