GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nid - Please Help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nid - Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Niddy - Please Help

Nid,

Should I be also sending a copy of everything to the FOS too or is this not really their re-mit?
    Started with a debt of £18,323.68 in May 2005. Everything now paid off but trying to sort out credit file now which is shot to bits. Now begins the journey.

Comment

You could do, its up to you - no harm I suppose, in sending a copy to the FOS as well...
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

I have received a reply from Lloyds regarding my Default that is showing on my credit file. Is there any chance you could have a look at it for me (Santa got me a new Printer). I can see where I have fallen over with regards to the dates and payments but what I want to know is why it states "I cannot trace that a Default or Formal Demand was issued against you with regards to your credit card" and "The Dafault notice was not issued due to security reasons". Just wondering if I still have a leg to stand on to have this default removed. Is it ok to e-mail you the scanned letter?
        Started with a debt of £18,323.68 in May 2005. Everything now paid off but trying to sort out credit file now which is shot to bits. Now begins the journey.

Comment

Email me matey. Also update thread with a brief outline of events to date to jog our memories.

Cheers.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nid,

Have e-mailed you the letter that I have received from Lloyd's. To keep everyone up to date I have 4 Defaults on my credit file that I am trying to remove (started with 8 4 months ago and 4 have been removed already with the help of this site.....Cheers Nid).

Studio - Have told me to run/jump and more than happy to go to court over this even though then have given me 3 different dates of the "Default" and then went on to my credit file and added 7 months onto the default. They changed it to the date of payment and not the date of the Default. When I questioned this they told me they were not interested. Have sent all documents to Experian to look over and have sent all documents to the ICO and FOS. Letters sent out 2 weeks ago and now just sitting waiting for a reply.

Lloyd's - Where do I start. Have been asking them to investigate the "Default" for months now. Have received over 15 letters with all manner of crap on it from "Please change your details in your local Lloyd's" to "You owe us £4700 and we will attempt to collect this. Received a letter yesterday from Lloyd's apologising for all the different letters being sent and sending this letter to Nid. It clearly states that a Default was not issued to me because I had moved house (even though I told them this at the time) but it was recorded on my credit file. Strange?

I have 2 more from Crap One and Next but they are looking into it and I have a feeling they will both be coming off too.

That it so far. Happy New Year to All and thank you Nid.

Comment

Did you get my e-mail Nid?

Comment

Sorry mate I did, but can't download it. I need you to copy it and send via pm on here please?

If it's too big, just send a few. I'll expect them so will deal with it (as normally I don't do pm's!)

Sorry again, I forgot to reply to ur email (I still have it in my inbox to deal with at home, but I'm hardly there lately so please pm me yea?)

Comment

Nid,

I had a look at what I had sent you. Was straight off the "Scan" section in the printer. I have saved it as a "Paint" and will e-mail it to you now. If you are not able to read them I will get on to typing out the letter they sent. Thank you for getting back to me mate.

Will just put them on here. Name etc has been taken off but all other information on there. My only real question about this is the fact I moved homes, informed them but nothing seems to have been updated and they have stated that no Default notice was ever issued but put on my credit file.

L.T.I.D
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by livi.till.i.di; 16 January 2011, 19:48.

Comment

Originally posted by livi.till.i.die View Post
                    Nid,

Have e-mailed you the letter that I have received from Lloyd's. To keep everyone up to date I have 4 Defaults on my credit file that I am trying to remove (started with 8 4 months ago and 4 have been removed already with the help of this site.....Cheers Nid).

Studio - Have told me to run/jump and more than happy to go to court over this even though then have given me 3 different dates of the "Default" and then went on to my credit file and added 7 months onto the default. They changed it to the date of payment and not the date of the Default. When I questioned this they told me they were not interested. Have sent all documents to Experian to look over and have sent all documents to the ICO and FOS. Letters sent out 2 weeks ago and now just sitting waiting for a reply.
                    Well done, that's about right.... see what happens, but don't forget to also send a copy to Equifax if Studio report to them....

Lloyd's - Where do I start. Have been asking them to investigate the "Default" for months now. Have received over 15 letters with all manner of crap on it from "Please change your details in your local Lloyd's" to "You owe us £4700 and we will attempt to collect this. Received a letter yesterday from Lloyd's apologising for all the different letters being sent and sending this letter to Nid. It clearly states that a Default was not issued to me because I had moved house (even though I told them this at the time) but it was recorded on my credit file. Strange?
                    As Studio above, you ought to be writing, enclosing copies of all the contradicting letters to the CRA's and the ICO/FOS and demand default removal based on the fact that it is quite evident that you're not only confused, but it seems the issuing creditor also is and as the actual accuracy of their own staff is not to be trusted then how on earth than the validity of a default notice.

The fact you advised them of your new address confirms they are at fault here, not you.

I have 2 more from Crap One and Next but they are looking into it and I have a feeling they will both be coming off too. That it so far. Happy New Year to All and thank you Nid.
                    Nice one matey!

Keep us updated yea?

Comment

Re: Nid - Please Help

Just an update but not a good one.

Lloyds - Sent me a letter stating "Sorry" for getting all the wrong information and different people that have been dealing with this. They have, however, investigated this and have told me the Default will stay there as it is correct and a default was issued. It was not, however, sent to me as they could not confirm my address they held on record (even though I updated all my details with them) so they defaulted me and that was that. They go on to say that they understand that I have been confused and angry at all the crap I have been getting and "New Training" will be given to those that did not understand what I was asking for. Cut a long story short they have point blank refused to remove the default.

Studio - As I thought. Experian got involved and questioned them on the information that they had given to them and stated they had looked at the different "Default" dates that had been applied. Low and behold within 2 days the date had gone back to the original one and that, according to Experian and Studio, is that. They will not remove it.

Comment

I know its really difficult to get defaults removed but you are probably at the stage of complaining officially to an offical body, I just not sure which one, let me have a scout and I'll get back. Anybody else got a better idea?

Comment

Seems best advice is to complain to everybody, OFT, ICO and FOS. All to be sent recorded. But remember, this is one of the more difficult things to do, they are particularly stubborn about this.

Got to be worth a go though.

Comment

Just an update but not a good one.

Lloyds - Sent me a letter stating "Sorry" for getting all the wrong information and different people that have been dealing with this. They have, however, investigated this and have told me the Default will stay there as it is correct and a default was issued. It was not, however, sent to me as they could not confirm my address they held on record (even though I updated all my details with them) so they defaulted me and that was that. They go on to say that they understand that I have been confused and angry at all the crap I have been getting and "New Training" will be given to those that did not understand what I was asking for. Cut a long story short they have point blank refused to remove the default.

Studio - As I thought. Experian got involved and questioned them on the information that they had given to them and stated they had looked at the different "Default" dates that had been applied. Low and behold within 2 days the date had gone back to the original one and that, according to Experian and Studio, is that. They will not remove it.
                            You need to complain to the ICO regards to both, and send copies of everything so they are in the loop, so to speak.

Complain here (one per account): ---> http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

Comment

Working...
                            X