GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Not really a default but a late payment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not really a default but a late payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really a default but a late payment

I am not sure where I should post this

I have recently looked at my combined credit report on checkmyfile

Apart from the usual searches and credit applications ( maybe a few too many) the only negative thing is from Vodafone back in 2015 with Experian. They say I was 1 month in arrears for 1 month. Now I know I have never missed a payment but they have messed things up a few times which was why I left them.

Do you think this 1 month from over 8 years ago will actually harm my credit score and if so how do I go about getting it removed- I do not have much hope of them doing anything correctly.

It is annoying, but it seems to me that we all have the odd administrative blip that is inconsequential as long as there's no pattern. TBH I'm surprised that it's still visible after 8+ years, I've just checked my record with ClearScore and that only goes back to 2018. I've always been under the impression that only the last 6 years counted at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post
      It is annoying, but it seems to me that we all have the odd administrative blip that is inconsequential as long as there's no pattern. TBH I'm surprised that it's still visible after 8+ years, I've just checked my record with ClearScore and that only goes back to 2018. I've always been under the impression that only the last 6 years counted at all.
      I'm surprised too.

According to Experian -
      "Your credit report contains information on your financial behaviour (including any missed payments or defaults) from the last six years. (their highlighting) You can see what's on your credit profile by getting your Experian Credit Report."

Comment

Well on checkmyfile it shows . They show accounts 6 years from closing. But I can not find it anywhere else

Anothervworry is O2 keep reactivating my account- I am with Lebara now after complaining about O2

Comment

Working...
        X