GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script British Gas issued default after 8 years - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Gas issued default after 8 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0hnboy View Post
    Another update, the default is no longer showing anywhere even though I haven't had a response from any of the CRAs. I just want to thank Niddy and this forum for helping me get it removed.
    Awesome - that's good news
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by J0hnboy View Post

I do have a question if anyone can answer it. The default is gone from Transunion and Credit Karma but my credit score with Credit karma remains unchanged and I was expecting it to jump up quite a lot. I know scores are irrelevant but if the default is showing as gone but things are not 100% updated would this show as gone when a lender looks at my credit file? I hope this makes sense.
      Ignore those scores - they mean nothing; they're literally nothing more than in indication of how that specific CRA see you based on their algorithm. Your score never just jumps, it takes many factors - however regards mortgages, they will have their own algorithms and will base any lending on account conduct etc and searches - they do not use the CRA for much else. Even fraud markers are not recorded on CRA's.

Best bet is to leave it a little longer to ensure the default stays off and then just apply as normal and ignore the score you see on the CRA's as a lender will be nothing like it.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X