GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard recorded default 12 months after issuing default notice. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard recorded default 12 months after issuing default notice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d_mcl85 View Post
    I cant access the forum templates so I've used one I came across on an internet search.
    Can someone advise how I can access the templates on here please as I'd prefer to use these ones.
    Some links are broken following a forum update but you'll find the s77-79 CCA Request template in post #2 here >

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...94#post1245194

(If that link doesn't work I'll look for another one for you).

Di

Comment

The template worked and I have now got them ready to print tomorrow and post.
      Am I right in addressing and sending them to PRA Group, Cabot, Moorcroft and Wescott rather than who the original agreements were with i.e Santander, Halifax etc as the CCA request asks that they pass the request on to the creditor if it is their view that they are not the creditor.
      What does this mean for addressing the postal orders? If I get them made out to PRA Group, Cabot, Moorcroft and Wescott but their view is that they are not the creditor and they pass the request on to the creditor the postal orders wont then be made out to the correct company?
      Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions and your getting sick of me.

Comment

You're not asking stupid questions, you're beginning your unenforceable journey and you want to get it right. That can only be a good thing not a silly thing

However, it would make things easier for the forum to help you each step of the way if you could make a separate post for each debt (on this thread) using the same format as this other member does in their post below, which is an example of how it will look when you add any news >

Originally posted by F19FOX View Post
        F19FOX's account number 3

BARCLAYS
        • Type of account - Credit card
        • Date commenced - 17th July 2006
        • Approx balance - £6,019
        • Date last 'full' payment - 30th Oct 2015
        • Arrangement - not paying
        • Status - defaulted 27th May 2016
        • Account owner - Link Financial
        OCT26/10 Advice from Stepchange (SC) to set up temporary payment arrangements of £1 with each of my creditors as my income is less than my expenses.
        30/10 Posted SC templated temporary payment arrangement letters to all creditors offering £1 per month token payments. Included budget and list of creditors.

OCT 18/10 Posted temporary payment letter + budget + list of creditors to Link

APR
        27/4 Wrote to Link to request copy of CCA
        JUN 2/6 cancelled all payments as nil response to CCA request
        11/6 SAR letter posted to Barclays
        21/6 letter from Barclays 14/6 acknowledging SAR saying it usually takes up to 30 days to prepare all the info but if my request is more complex it might take up to 90 days. They will write to let me know if they think my case is more complex!
        JUL 16/7 GDPR response from Barclays. Essentially a brief cover letter with a huge pile of A5 copy statements! There are a few copy letters which were sent out to me when defaulting my account but no copies of any correspondence from me. No mention either of any correspondence whatsoever with Link Financial. Also no copy of the CCA
        25/7 Letter from Link Financial saying payment is overdue and I need to make immediate payment otherwise will cancel my repayment plan and full balance of £6,018 will be due.

30/7 Wrote to Link again to request CCA - this time with signature required so I can be sure it's received. Wrote a separate letter to Link telling them to only contact me in writing by post
        31/7 CCA Request signed for confirmation from Royal Mail

FEB 23/2 CCA response received from Link. Sent to Niddy to check over - its UE! Yay
        MAR 1/3 Letter from Link. They want to talk to me about my debt. Sorry to disappoint you Link but I don't want to talk to you Filed letter
        25/3 Letter from Link. They want me to contact them to set up a repayment plan. Very strange sentence 'we are sure there is a good reason for not making contact with us and that you intend making payments to clear the outstanding balance'. Yeah the first bit of that sentence is true Filed letter
        APR
        29/4 SOA received from Link dated 30th Mar 2019. Filed.
        JULY
        22/7 letter received from Link headed 'let us help you get back on track'.I am on track thanks - the debt is UE Filed letter
        SEP
        27/9 letter from Link offering to set me up with a DD to pay off the balance on a monthly basis. Filed letter
        OCT
        25/10 SoA received from Link dated 28th Sept 2019. Filed

Comment

I just thought I would mention something as an example of companies getting an agreement wrong. After my wife died I asked each of her creditors to provide proof an agreement existed. One sent me a recon using the current address. She had only lived there a year and the account was opened at a previous address. Close but no medal so they got nothing ( not that there was anything to share out ).

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
            You're not asking stupid questions, you're beginning your unenforceable journey and you want to get it right. That can only be a good thing not a silly thing

However, it would make things easier for the forum to help you each step of the way if you could make a separate post for each debt (on this thread) using the same format as this other member does in their post below, which is an example of how it will look when you add any news >

I have made a start and listed the two PRA ones so far. I hope I have done it right and posted it in the right area where others have put their diaries. I will do the rest tomorrow as I have family coming over now.

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
              I just thought I would mention something as an example of companies getting an agreement wrong. After my wife died I asked each of her creditors to provide proof an agreement existed. One sent me a recon using the current address. She had only lived there a year and the account was opened at a previous address. Close but no medal so they got nothing ( not that there was anything to share out ).
              Thank you for sharing that. I guess they will go to all sorts of lengths to try and get money out of people. I wish I had sent them all CCA requests sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by d_mcl85 View Post

I have made a start and listed the two PRA ones so far. I hope I have done it right and posted it in the right area where others have put their diaries.

Here's a link to your new Diary > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...2-my-dmp-diary

Let the journey begin

Di

Comment

Working...
                X