GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Water Billing - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Billing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Billing

Can the waterboard chase for more than 6 years worth of water debt if
    account defaulted
    debt not sold on
    no court action
    continue to adversely report older than 6 years debt on credit file

If you're faced with a backdated bill and you don't pay it, the water company can take you to court to recover the debt. They have to do this within six years, under the Limitation Act 1980.
    Backdated water bills - Citizens Advice

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/.../water/water...water-bill/backdated-water-bills/​​​​​​​
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 23 November 2018, 08:29. Reason: ADDENDUM
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank You Tech Clerk, for taking the time to respond.
      Will be taking steps to resolve

Comment

Thames water states on Website it limits collections to 2 years, but may depend on circumstances eg meter or not. In all cases, I suspect that each regional company has their own policy.

I believe they cannot cut you off.

Comment

Thames water states on Website it limits collections to 2 years, but may depend on circumstances eg meter or not. In all cases, I suspect that each regional company has their own policy.

I believe they cannot cut you off.

Comment

Water as a commodity - essential they cannot cut you off/
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              Water as a commodity - essential they cannot cut you off/
              So why do we pay to line the pockets of shareholders?

Comment

ask the government they sold off the main utility to profit companies (except welsh water is a non profit company) - , water is the essential item of life and has to be available, whereas gas/electricity can be cut off.

If you are a domestic (non-business customer), water companies can't, by law, disconnect or restrict your water supply if you owe them money.
                If you don't pay your water bill - Citizens Advice

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/.../water/water-supply/...water-bill/if-you-don-t-pay

Comment

Strange thing is English Water is mainly owned by foreign firms and investors, even foreign state enterprises. The majority of states do no allow foreign ownership of resources and land, but not the UK? How can they have the stranglehold after Brexit? How did we sell the family jewels so cheaply? Questions, questions, questions......

Comment

money money money in every case check the Thatcher era for starters,

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                      Strange thing is English Water is mainly owned by foreign firms and investors, even foreign state enterprises. The majority of states do no allow foreign ownership of resources and land, but not the UK? How can they have the stranglehold after Brexit? How did we sell the family jewels so cheaply? Questions, questions, questions......
                      It has been the government policy for decades not just one party!
                      The New Scientist had an article a few months ago about the concentration of Global Economic Trade into approx. 150 Groups (these are Company groups not individual Companies) these have a virtual monopoly on global economic wealth and seem to be outside of the control of individual Nations. To big to fail!
                      The Banking collapse for instance has created fewer but more powerful Global Banking groups.
                      I say this because so much is outside of the control of so called governments and hence the electors.
                      Sadly the sacrifices of World War I didn't create a country fit for heros. This was true of all the combatant Nations of that War.
                      I winced recently when hearing France and Germany talking about a European common Army. This country has many many of its siblings buried in the soils of Europe because of the former political aspirations of European nations.

Comment

It was the ethos of the new right - privatise everything in sight because the market is king. Problem is, in my opinion it did not get that much better under New Labour - granted they did a lot for older people and social care as well as introducing the minimum wage but that was due to the booming economy built on web of lies and deceit.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          It has been the government policy for decades not just one party!
                          The New Scientist had an article a few months ago about the concentration of Global Economic Trade into approx. 150 Groups (these are Company groups not individual Companies) these have a virtual monopoly on global economic wealth and seem to be outside of the control of individual Nations. To big to fail!
                          The Banking collapse for instance has created fewer but more powerful Global Banking groups.
                          I say this because so much is outside of the control of so called governments and hence the electors.
                          Sadly the sacrifices of World War I didn't create a country fit for heros. This was true of all the combatant Nations of that War.
                          I winced recently when hearing France and Germany talking about a European common Army. This country has many many of its siblings buried in the soils of Europe because of the former political aspirations of European nations.
                          You are right that so much power is in the hands of TNC's but also in the hands of the World Bank which is largely run by the U.S. However- Hang on one moment - Do not try and paint the UK as some sort of holier than though innocent. How many people from nations all across the globe are dead directly because of the political aspirations of Britain.

The European project has kept the peace in Europe for longer than any time in history

As for Britain, well look at the Middle East which we (as part of the league of nations) chopped it up with a ruler across ethnic and nation boundaries. We did the same to eastern Europe making states out of nations that were different. Moving on to Africa need I say more and how many died during the partition of India.

Maybe a combined European army would help if it maintained the peace.

Britain is certainly not innocent and we need to remember that.

Interesting article in the Guardian this weekend about Farage and how he is essentially being bankrolled by Russia in an effort to destabilise Europe.

Comment

Working...
                          X