GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA/PRA Group default not registered with CRA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA/PRA Group default not registered with CRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA/PRA Group default not registered with CRA

Hi, I’m looking for a bit of advice please.

I received default notices on all the debts I held in 2011. Having checked my Experian credit report, I’ve realised that one debt is still recorded (the others have dropped off).

The status of the debt is closed and it says ‘account settled’ with the date I made a f&f settlement on the account. It also has a note saying ‘debt management programme’ that it had been included in a DMP. I think that a default was never registered for this account and that’s why it hasn’t dropped off.

So I’m wondering should I try to chase this up to get it classed as a defaulted account so it would drop off my credit record? Is this possible? If so who would I chase this with and what’s the likeliness of success? Or should I just leave it as it is?

I’ve already queried it with Experian and they just said that it’s not a defaulted account and account reads as settled in Sept 2016, so it will be removed in 2022.

Unfortunately I don’t have any written record of the default as when I made f&f settlements I binned a lot of my older paperwork.

Thank you.
Working...
X