GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA/PRA Group default not registered with CRA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA/PRA Group default not registered with CRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA/PRA Group default not registered with CRA

Hi, I’m looking for a bit of advice please.

I received default notices on all the debts I held in 2011. Having checked my Experian credit report, I’ve realised that one debt is still recorded (the others have dropped off).

The status of the debt is closed and it says ‘account settled’ with the date I made a f&f settlement on the account. It also has a note saying ‘debt management programme’ that it had been included in a DMP. I think that a default was never registered for this account and that’s why it hasn’t dropped off.

So I’m wondering should I try to chase this up to get it classed as a defaulted account so it would drop off my credit record? Is this possible? If so who would I chase this with and what’s the likeliness of success? Or should I just leave it as it is?

I’ve already queried it with Experian and they just said that it’s not a defaulted account and account reads as settled in Sept 2016, so it will be removed in 2022.

Unfortunately I don’t have any written record of the default as when I made f&f settlements I binned a lot of my older paperwork.

Thank you.

How long do Defaults stay on credit report UK?
    A default date will be recorded on the account and it will be kept on your credit report for six years from the default date. After this time it is removed from your report automatically even if the full amount isn't paid. Some lenders will still send us monthly updates on a defaulted account.27 Jul 2016 Defaults and credit reports: top 5 questions - Experian Experts

http://www.experian.co.uk/blogs/cons...p-5-questions/
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

A bit confused by your reply..

My situation is that the default doesn't appear to have been registered with Experian, even though I know the account defaulted.

Comment

giving you general info how it all works regardless of CRA
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCowboy View Post
          My situation is that the default doesn't appear to have been registered with Experian, even though I know the account defaulted.

May I ask how you know the account was defaulted. Did you receive a Default Notice from MBNA ?

If you didn't and they defaulted (terminated) the account without giving you an opportunity to remedy the situation (comply with the Default Notice) then that may become a problem for PRA if they seek to enforce the debt.

However I'm unclear on the F & F settlement circumstances. Did you pay PRA or did you pay MBNA who sold the balance to PRA if it was a partial settlement?

Di

Comment

Thanks Diane.

Yes I received a default notice for this account from MBNA , but they must not have formally registered the default, so it still shows up on my credit report albeit as settled. Unfortunately, I no longer have this paperwork re the default. It's the fact that it says, 'was part of dmp' on the credit report and this account will stay on my report until 2022 that I thought may not look great. I don't plan to get any more credit cards but me and my partner were looking to get a mortgage this year. All my other accounts defaulted too, but must have been registered with the cra as even though I did full and final settlements, they don't appear anymore. I've got a £500 debt left, which I pay through step change but because this defaulted, this has dropped off (I've sent a CCA request for this one). Only this one settled old MBNA account exists on my credit report.

Yes it was sold to pra group and I did a full and final settlement with pra group through step change. I settled all my accounts except the £500 one for between around 30 and 50%. I'm sure I could have questioned enforceability on them all, but at the time I mustn't have known much about it and I suppose they are settled now so can't complain too much.

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

May I ask how you know the account was defaulted. Did you receive a Default Notice from MBNA ?

If you didn't and they defaulted (terminated) the account without giving you an opportunity to remedy the situation (comply with the Default Notice) then that may become a problem for PRA if they seek to enforce the debt.

However I'm unclear on the F & F settlement circumstances. Did you pay PRA or did you pay MBNA who sold the balance to PRA if it was a partial settlement?

Di

Comment

Thanks Diane.

Yes I received a default notice for this account from MBNA , but they must not have formally registered the default, so it still shows up on my credit report albeit as settled. Unfortunately, I no longer have this paperwork re the default. It's the fact that it says, 'was part of dmp' on the credit report and this account will stay on my report until 2022 that I thought may not look great. I don't plan to get any more credit cards but me and my partner were looking to get a mortgage this year. All my other accounts defaulted too, but must have been registered with the cra as even though I did full and final settlements, they don't appear anymore. I've got a £500 debt left, which I pay through step change but because this defaulted, this has dropped off (I've sent a CCA request for this one). Only this one settled old MBNA account exists on my credit report.

Yes it was sold to pra group and I did a full and final settlement with pra group through step change. I settled all my accounts except the £500 one for between around 30 and 50%. I'm sure I could have questioned enforceability on them all, but at the time I mustn't have known much about it and I suppose they are settled now so can't complain too much.

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Di

Comment

Working...
              X