GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EGG and defaults - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EGG and defaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EGG and defaults

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
    Yep we do have different views on this mate and sorry but there are many flexible mortgages on the market that allow you to over pay without penalty and stop and no disrepect to you this is what I do for a living and in the right situations it works and i'm sorry but where do you get the statement it's never been good practice from???.

It's only bad practice if it's not done properly but that could be said about anything , horse for course mate
    I know what you do for a living

I am not arguing the semantics - I am simply saying adding unsecured debts to your mortgage is not ideal practice. Course it isn't....

---> http://www.money.co.uk/article/10045...ther-debts.htm

The pragmatic approach would suggest this....

Well, as with most financial decisions, there are upsides and downsides, but no hard and fast answers – everything depends on your situation. The trick here is to balance the potential benefits with the risks.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So true mate and in a ideal world I agree with you, but as we know that world doesn't exist

Comment

I just want to add a comment.... Whilst mgfboy and I clearly have differing views on remortgaging unsecured debts I am arguing more on the ethical side - I would trust what mgfboy tells me, as he does this for a living and does know his stuff.

Please don't confuse my banter here with arrogance and please whatever you do, don't think I am right cos I'm actually not. The facts remain, each situation will have its own merits - mgfboy would also take that approach. I am just being stubborn as I think it's a load of old bollocks but just cos I think it, doesn't make it true.

Just wanted to clear this up.... the facts will be different to each of you. Whilst one may be worse off, another may be better off.

If you have any financial related issues, I have previously authorised mgfboy to assist and that stands - that shows how much I trust him and his advice when dealing with financial products.

Thanks
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

All of us here including me understands this is just harmless debate banter, so its cool Niddy, we all have our views, we cant always agree with each other
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

my tuppenceworth is that the whole thing is about the credit reports. They have waaaaay too much power in everybody's life, not just the poor bugger in the street, but companies and even countries.

We're probably past the point but this word would be a better place without them, banks would need to do their own due diligence (like they used to with the old-fashioned bank manager) and the world would be a better place. I for one don't want to be in a world where your credit rating defines you, most of our debts are UE, when we're through with them, we're off the radar, and that's where we'll stay, granted we are older and can.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
              my tuppenceworth is that the whole thing is about the credit reports. They have waaaaay too much power in everybody's life, not just the poor bugger in the street, but companies and even countries.

We're probably past the point but this word would be a better place without them, banks would need to do their own due diligence (like they used to with the old-fashioned bank manager) and the world would be a better place. I for one don't want to be in a world where your credit rating defines you, most of our debts are UE, when we're through with them, we're off the radar, and that's where we'll stay, granted we are older and can.
              I couldn't agree more

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              All of us here including me understands this is just harmless debate banter, so its cool Niddy, we all have our views, we cant always agree with each other
              Life would be boring if we all agreed all the time

Fp all cases are different and the whole idea of good financial planning is to try and stop the problems happening. But as I know personally shit happens and I still feel guilty that I should have been able to forsee it and sort the problems out, it's what I do after all!!!

Comment

you shouldn't feel guilty, because you operated on the premise that everyone would hold to their part of the bargains(contracts) you made. you even expected the guys that you didn't even know to hold to their bargains and the sad truth is that no one held to the bargain at all, not the government, not the banks, not the finance companies, not the councils not anyone actually

so the guilt for whatever happened is not yours
                you just have to get past the best way you can and you need to protect yourself and yours all the way along the line, and if that means telling a few careless and dishonest bankers to shove it, so be it!
                Last edited by MrsD; 22 August 2012, 17:34.

Comment

Working...
                X