GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA misusing using Data Subject Access Request fee - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA misusing using Data Subject Access Request fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA misusing using Data Subject Access Request fee

"So you need to address the DCA on these points,"

Basically yes - that is what I have been telling them for years.

And their professional response ???

Shut up and pay what you owe!

This particular DCA was censured in 2009 by OFT for misconduct and is known for its questionable activities.

PS...I should add that I wrote to the DCA in June with all the above groans yet they have NOT responded.
    Last edited by Batman; 9 October 2011, 11:45.

Comment

"I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me or collected monies to which you were not entitled, then I shall be reclaiming them and also the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee."

I just discovered this bit from Never-in -Doubt on another site.

I 'think' it may apply to my situation here and make an addition to any potential response...

The DCA has taken the statutory DSAR fee and used it for a purpose not specified.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
        The DCA has taken the statutory DSAR fee and used it for a purpose not specified.
        We really need to sit down and take stock - you have things all over the place

Ideally, it'd be great to get a simple list of your debts, then tell us if you've done anything such as a sar/cca etc - then we can formulate things into a more manageable proposition - right now what with the emails and secure uploads my head is fried.... I will sit and look through it all later but I do need to make a lot of it public, thus I keep asking you to stay to the point and be specific - leave it with me and let me tidy things up first then i'll pose some questions, then you can fill in the blanks - then we'll clarify what to do regards these SAR's you've fired off (why are you SARing everyone anyway?).....

Cheers
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks - will get it all down as you specified.

I SAR -ed them all initially just to see what they had on us.

Comment

I SAR -ed them all initially just to see what they had on us.
            that helps answer one thing

Just do it on the private thread and I will sort it all out - please do it asap for me so I can get on with it later tonight as I am real busy through the week.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              that helps answer one thing

Just do it on the private thread and I will sort it all out - please do it asap for me so I can get on with it later tonight as I am real busy through the week.....
              Niddy - I am on it mate ASAP....

Comment

I am all ears
                I do hope the "e" shouldn't have been on the other end.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                  Even if the original is not available, the creditor could reconstruct the agreement and give evidence that this is a accurate copy from its archives, and in the absence of any positive assertion from you that the agreement was improperly executed, the court may enforce against you.
                  After all, no employee of a bank would ever utter a falsehood, would he?

Comment

No worries - I have now got the shark to remove the tenner from the account. They were blaming the OC for sending it to them as a direct payment..

Touch of bitchy in-fighting going on it seems.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X