GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mr Man and 1st Credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr Man and 1st Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mr Man and 1st Credit

If it were me I would send CCA asap x
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Nanna x

Comment

I've just checked and it does appear to be a Statutory Demand. It was from BW Legal and it says the "Asignees" are Lowell Portfolio. Original debt was to Marbles who wouldn't stick to an arrangement and really annoyed me because somebody rang who said they were from Marbles, went "through security" and turned out to be a marketing company who were trying to flog me something. I couldn't believe Marbles would give my security details away.

Comment

Hi

Send 1st Credit the overdraft CCA or you WILL get a claim. Stop messing around. Regards the post above, I doubt they shared you security data. They only sell personal marketing data usually - chances are you were duped by the marketing firm. No matter. No harm was done.

Send the CCA for overdrafts. Kinda bored of repeating that. Until you send it there's nothing more we can help you with as its all If's & But's!!
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Man View Post
            I haven't had a letter before action off first credit yet, just wondering whether to wait to see if they send one before I send the CCA
            For how long would you ponce around with a sign on your back inviting folk to kick you, before you concluded it wasn't a clever thing to do?

Send the CCA requests NOW!

Comment

Halifax agreed a plan to pay off my overdraft but then seemed to have many changes of heart and it became apparent that they didn't know what they were doing. Then Halifax/BOS sent me correspondence that enraged me,regarding a Credit Card I had with them. They sent a letter saying they were passing the debt to a DCA, with details of my debt, and INCREDIBLY about six other peoples debts, with full details of names, addresses, amount owed and account numbers. I sent a letter to their "Head of collections" recorder delivery, saying I wanted it sorted, and an assurance that my details hadn't been distributed around the country, and an investigation. I didn't even receive a response.
              Why didn't you just send a copy - with your data blanked out - to each of those other individuals, with a comment that they might wish to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner's Office?

Comment

Thanks guys. I know it must be frustrating for you. I'm not a ditherer by nature but I suppose I was just making sure that I didn't do something that was premature. I realise now that I have been naive with the way I've handled my debts when I was in such a bad situation,and I'm going to re examine the arrangements that I made.

I've now sent the CCA for Opus and the overdraft CCA, both recorded delivery, with a £1 PO just for the Opus. I understand what you're saying and I'm ready for the battle.

CleverClogs......I'll do as you suggest. My details aren't on there as they were separate sheets detailing the debts so I'll send a copy to the individuals with a covering letter letting them know the situation and suggesting they contact the ICO.

Thanks again for your time, I know you've heard it before but it's so much appreciated when you need sound advice.

Cheers!

Comment

haha - it's fine, Cloggy has a unique sense of humour - you'll get used to it
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks guys. I know it must be frustrating for you. I'm not a ditherer by nature but I suppose I was just making sure that I didn't do something that was premature. I realise now that I have been naive with the way I've handled my debts when I was in such a bad situation,and I'm going to re examine the arrangements that I made.

I've now sent the CCA for Opus and the overdraft CCA, both recorded delivery, with a £1 PO just for the Opus. I understand what you're saying and I'm ready for the battle.

CleverClogs......I'll do as you suggest. My details aren't on there as they were separate sheets detailing the debts so I'll send a copy to the individuals with a covering letter letting them know the situation and suggesting they contact the ICO.

Thanks again for your time, I know you've heard it before but it's so much appreciated when you need sound advice.

Cheers!
                    Hi

Regards the incorrect data that you were sent - you don't want to go to the customers involved, instead write to the creditor that issued them and try and get a discount - can you clarify a few things for me (BEFORE) you do anything:

1. Which account does this relate, ie the incorrect customer details were sent in relation to what account?
                    2. Who issued the documents and who is the creditor?
                    3. How much is owed on the account?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Never in Doubt, I'd realised that I probably came over as a pratt ignoring advice, that isn't so, I wasn't ignoring it, just double checking I suppose.

The incorrect data is from Halifax and is the O/D account that 1st Credit now have. I aren't at home at the moment, working away, but from memory it's between 4 and 6 peoples information, the same is the letter they sent me, saying they were passing debt to DCA's. They had their debts, names, and full addresses. I sent a letter to the individual who sent the letter, recorded delivery, but they never replied.

Halifax sent the letter and is the creditor, and the amount is £4500.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Never in Doubt, I'd realised that I probably came over as a pratt ignoring advice, that isn't so, I wasn't ignoring it, just double checking I suppose.

The incorrect data is from Halifax and is the O/D account that 1st Credit now have. I aren't at home at the moment, working away, but from memory it's between 4 and 6 peoples information, the same is the letter they sent me, saying they were passing debt to DCA's. They had their debts, names, and full addresses. I sent a letter to the individual who sent the letter, recorded delivery, but they never replied.

Halifax sent the letter and is the creditor, and the amount is £4500.

Thanks!
                        Nice one - thanks for info - whatever you do, don't go and contact the other customers who's information you've received......

Back soon..... just gotta nip out.

Comment

Ok thanks. I'll be offline for a while now (working) so I'll reply to anything that you post later.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi!
                            An update on my situation. I have an acknowledgement of my requests. The Halifax O/D reply was that as the account agreement was signed before 2001, it doesn't come under the consumer credit rules, but they will get a copy of statements to see the charges. I am obviously unhappy with the other people's data situation and more so ignoring it when I told them about it, and don't think a judge would look on it lightly.

I have another question and assume it's best to add it to this thread rather than start another. I came to agreements when I got into trouble with all of my debts (except the 2 mentioned earlier in this thread). Some of the agreements were with the creditors, and some with the DCA's. I was very naive with things then and didn't question the debts for either UE or the charges applied.Is it too late to send CCA's to the debtor/dca now, even though I'm paying monthly, and if so, would it be the charges that I was trying to get knocked off the balance?

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hi Mr Man,
                              It's not too late, far from it!
                              The object would be to see if they are enforceable. If they aren't then you have options - either stop paying and aim for them going Statute Barred (you will still get letters and threats on and off but sometimes they concede that they can't enforce and stop chasing) or use it as bargaining power for low full and final settlements, reduction of charges or token payments. Most people on here tend to go the Statute Barred route.

Have a look at the Unenforceability diaries here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...bility-Diaries

It would be best to start a new thread in that section laying out each individual debt as shown here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-Read-me-First! as each will be treated differently depending on type of debt and who is chasing you.

Elsa x

Comment

Thanks Elsa!

Like most on here I won't know if they're enforceable or not but I'll post on here as you suggest. I'll send the CCA's this week and start the ball rolling.

Cheers! x

Comment

Working...
                                X