GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard MKRR threatening legal action - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard MKRR threatening legal action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard MKRR threatening legal action

It does mention pre action protocol, it mentions the agreement I had broken, but I have not seen the agreement if one cannot be found. it also states that I must repay in full or agree to a repayment plan within 14 days or legal action MAY be taken.
    my reply was send guaranteed next day as theirs had taken 8 days to get to me.
    for some reason their letter had been sent to chester sorting office and is stamped as being received by them on the 16th Jan. I have pointed out to them that no CCA has been forthcoming and that MKDP had written to me twice saying the account was unenforceable as they couldn't supply a CCA. I enclosed a highlighted copy of MKDPs letter ,also asked them to contact MKDP LLP to confirm it was their letter before they took it any further, as they clearly had not read my earlier letters of which I have proof of receipt.
    I did also point out that MKRR had given me 7 days to reply to a letter that had been written only 4 day before their threat of legal action and asked why? had they already decided my letter was of no worth before they received it ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

one of ours ended up in a similar situation, I had sent all the letters etc, I'm fairly convinced the office junior at the solicitors was just following orders............I send a really cutting letter pointing out there was never any paperwork for this and they had been plainly ignoring my letters, got a letter by return sending it back to the OC..................

Comment

well I will have to wait and see what happens now wont I, as it been with them for a week now! and took a week to get here.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          well I will have to wait and see what happens now wont I, as it been with them for a week now! and took a week to get here.
          Don't worry. Keynes never reply to letters.

When they realize they can't do what they want to do they simply pass it back down to MKDP without telling you. They've got no manners.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mkdp 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	1407034
            received today from MKDP anyone see the typos?

Comment

well done NW, just goes to prove that the tank can be stopped

Comment

...and breathe
                Well done NW, and yes, whoever typed that should've gone to Specsavers!

Comment

Well done, you've dodged a bullet

What typos everybody?

Comment

14/09/16, Received letter to day dated 08/09/16 from Robinsonway re HPH2 Ltd ( ex barclaycard)

they have tride to contact me on several occasions about my account but unfortunatly they haven't heard from me. news to me
                    they want to help me find the right solution to help me clear the debt but if I don't contact them they can't set up a repayment plan. sounds good to me.
                    Typically when a customer doesn't contact them they may consider the following options.

1, refer the account to our client's solicitor and ask them to issue a county court claim which could result in a County Court Judgement being entered
                    errm Mkrr/ mkpd/ keynes have already tried this, they admitted it was UE.
                    2, Send a report to Credit Reference Agencys advising that it is an unpaid account with no payments being made(if less than 6 years since the default date), this may impact your ability to get credit or obtain employment
                    defaulted 2002 Next...
                    3, Try to contact the customer by telephone using a number that we have on record or obtained from a third party Truecall blocker has most of their numbers blocked, also if the phone from a with held number it won't let them through.
                    These options are a last resort and before we take leagal action we tell you what we intend to do. You send me the letter, I send you a copy of MKPD letter stating UE, continure further and a letter from our prefered solicitor will be landing in your IN tray
                    we would prefer to help you find the right solution to pay off this debt so please get in toucgh by 19/09/16 to discuss your account, Unfortunately I am leaving the country on that day so am unavailable to speak with you as i am busy Packing, changing currency's, printing out boarding cards so on and so on.
                    will look forward to the next letter on my return xx

Comment

04/10/16. well hello all I'm back.
                      received a letter from RW dated 22/09/16, don't know when it arrived, anyway the jist is that they recently wrote to me (again) and they would like me to contact them to see if I would like to pay off this "Outstanding" balance in any of the following ways.
                      1, £26.87 per month

2, £36.44 per month
                      3, £59.27 per month.
                      they have apparently helped many customers set up this type of payment plan and they are clearing their debt.
                      If I contact them by 03/10/16 they could help me set up a personalised payment plan based on my circumstances.

Oh Dear, I only got back today, so I missed the dead line. I will have to stick to my original plan of £0.00 per month as this alledged account is UE. Shame I will wait and see what comes next.

Comment

What a terrible thing to come back to....You were so close as well.......

I bet you are kicking yourself now that you didn't cut your break short to meet that deadline

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                          What a terrible thing to come back to....You were so close as well.......

I bet you are kicking yourself now that you didn't cut your break short to meet that deadline
                          I am horryfied that I missed it, but we couldn't get a flight out of Aruba as Tropical storm Matthew was just starting and they closed the airport (just after US style club 18-40 left) so we were stranded. it was awfull, trapped in a 5* hotel. 24 hour all inclusive, as much food and drink as you could manage, we even had to use the indoor pool of the hotel next door along with all their bars and resturants and for our safety we used a covered walkway that linked that hotel to ours. as you can imagine we are traumatised at not being here to contact RW.

Comment

Hi all,
                            another RW letter dated 10/10/16, telling me that their repayment plans don't have a minimum payment, I can pay what I can afford, isn't that nice of them, but don't think i'll bother.

Comment

HELLOooo Received another letter from RW today dated the 12th/11, they ask if I am worried about contacting them they say if I call and talk to them in confidence (oh yeah, loud speaker, recorded call) they have many ways that they could help me to clear the balance of the account.

think I'll pass.

Comment

They seem to like sending letters asking if you are worried about contacting them. No!

Comment

Working...
                                X