GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MKDP? Nationwide current account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MKDP? Nationwide current account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKDP? Nationwide current account

Letters posted so now I shall wait and see. This is one that if needed I could settle in Jan but on a point of principle now I'm buggered if I will do that , anyway if I settle one the others might decide I have money so come chasing

Comment

Interesting phone call
      Yes I know about phone calls but no promises were made etc
      Nationwide called and first off claimed that the payments were recalled by the DWP as they were allowed to , I pointed out that they were taken back under sundries and about 4 weeks after the event . I also said if it had been the same day or even the following day I could have understood it. I also said I had been pressurised into making payments (True-it was before I knew better) and that I only found out all these details when MKDP sent me the bank statements. I also dropped in the bit about a meltdown and still not working -again all true.
      She then said she would have to go away and investigate further , such fun

Comment

Well Nationwide have called back rejecting my claim and hiding behind the fact it was a government department which meant they had to remove the money. It was therefore a valid debt and they will not credit the charges. When I get it in writing I will go to the FOS.

Comment

Doesn't matter if it's a Gvt dept or not. They must abide by the underlying principles that govern the account and a recall like that is a breach of BACS. The FOS must find in your favour.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I know it's only a small amount but I will follow it through just to be bloody minded and as you know I can be very bloody minded, I'm surprised I still have a nose attached to my face

Comment

Well finally gotten my arse in gear and emailed my complaint to the FOS along with supporting documentation, posted a copy of their automated response to MKDP. Quite frankly XXXX the lot of them I don't give a shit anymore

Comment

Had a response from FOS so have scanned it and forwarded it to MKDP as they requested . FOS are now asking Nationwide for their side

Comment

Had a phone call from the FOS today. In effect she is suggesting that "you had the money so pay it back". I will be sending the links and the bits highlighted to suggest she is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                    Had a phone call from the FOS today. In effect she is suggesting that "you had the money so pay it back". I will be sending the links and the bits highlighted to suggest she is wrong.
                    Ignore them they are useless even worse than useless
                    Last edited by Pixie; 9 March 2015, 16:48. Reason: tidied quote
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's as maybe but if I want to
                      a) get some sort of resolution
                      b) be as bloody minded as I can

The offer she was making was to get the charges refunded of about £75 , I had asked for complete write off and refund of payments already made ( ask for the moon and compromise)
                      I am not prepared to accept just the charges refund as i asked for this before and it was refused

shouldn't I really follow it through?

Comment

Well final decision from the adjudicator who has not upheld my complaint and the amount owed is still the same . What next, how do I get it to be continued?

Comment

Working...
                        X