GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st Credit - please help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Credit - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Credit - please help

Hi all,

I received 2 letters, one dated 11th May, the other dated 18th May. I attach both letters and have responded to their letter dated 11th May which appears to have crossed paths in the post with their letter dated 18th May.

20150511 edit 2.pdf

Here is my response to the letter dated 11th May:

---
    Thank you for your letter date 11th May 2015 – this is incorrect and you have not written to me on numerous occasions.

I am officially placing this debt in dispute due to the following reasons:

1. The origin of the debt is unclear to me and I wish to clarify this origin before offering a payment plan. This was also requested with 2 previous collectors who failed to provide this information.
    2. In addition to the amount claimed, please note that the majority of the debt is in fact excessive charges that should not have been applied to the account in the first instance.
    3. You are also addressing your correspondence to Mrs XXXX – this debt does not in fact belong to her and this is incorrect, unless you can prove the whole of the debt belongs to Mrs XXXX, which it does not. HSBC have mistakenly claimed this.

If you can calculate the correct amount I am happy to settle the balance as I cannot afford to pay the debt off in a lump sum due to being on a low income. Please note that I am also in receipt of state benefits and are classed as a ‘low income’ household.

The entry on the credit files is also incorrectly entered. If this affects our ability to obtain credit, or impairs what we would have otherwise enjoyed without this entry – I will have no option but to seek damages and compensation with interest.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts within the next 14 days.

Yours faithfully,
    ----

20150518 edit.pdf

Here is my response to their letter dated 18th May which is going out tomorrow;

----

Thank you for your letter dated 18th May 2015 and the generous discount offered.

I am not in a position to offer settlement of the amount of £9827.51 offered as I am still unsure about the origins and ownership of the debt and I do not have any amount of savings.

Please see my request of 15th May as below which was sent by ‘signature required’ delivery;

I am officially placing this debt in dispute due to the following reasons:

1. The origin of the debt is unclear to me and I wish to clarify this origin before offering a payment plan. This was also requested with 2 previous collectors who have failed to provide this information.
    2. In addition to the amount claimed, please note that the majority of the alleged debt is excessive charges that should not have been applied to the account in the first instance.
    3. You are also addressing your correspondence to Mrs XXXX – this debt does not belong to her and this is incorrect, unless you can prove the whole of the debt belongs to Mrs XXXX, which it does not. HSBC have mistakenly claimed this.

This is NOT a refusal to pay - If you can calculate the correct amount I am happy to settle the balance on a monthly basis as I cannot afford to pay the debt off in a lump sum due to being on a low income. Please note that I am also in receipt of state benefits and are classed as a ‘low income’ household.

The entry on the credit files is also incorrectly entered on both Mrs and Mr XXXX along with the incorrect amount. If this affects our ability to obtain credit, or impairs what we would have otherwise enjoyed without this entry – I will have no option but to seek damages and compensation with interest.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts within the next 14 days.

Yours faithfully,
    ----

Any views and comments would be most welcome.

Many thanks

S

Comment

Ermmmm - not sure you've sent the right letters. We have templates that are proven to work.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Ermmmm - not sure you've sent the right letters. We have templates that are proven to work.
        Pls advise on the correct letter - I've not sent the second letter yet and can use the template one.

Thanks

S

Comment

Hi Chumbers
          I've just had a look through your thread and I see that 1st Credit did send a response to your CCA Request which was only received at the end of April, otherwise we'd have suggested sending another CCA Request.

From the doc you attached they consolidated your debts into one joint loan account in August 2007.
          Did you send an unedited copy of the agreement to Niddy for checking?

I can only see the original signed agreement - did they send a copy of the terms and conditions as varied at the time the account was terminated?
          If not then they haven't completed your request and the template to send would be Missing Prescribed Terms: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post489180
          (You need to be an AAD+ member to access the templates: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/aad-members.php)

Elsa x

PS: When was the last time you made payment on this debt?

Edit: For easy reference, the post with the CCA attached is here>>http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post499482

Comment

Hi Undercover Elsa,

Did not send a copy to Niddy for checking. When you say unedited - do you mean the agreement they sent me in the post to Niddy via private message??

I agree they did not send a copy of the T&C's.

In the end - I did not send them the second letter as advised - but I got a reply from them stating the account and collection is on hold until they can clear any dispute. Interesting that they state the agreement is subject to the Loan Terms attached - and under Loan Terms there is nothing about passing to collection agents (not sure if this is relevant). They do state in another section that the account is subject to the Personal Banking Terms and Conditions. However, they did not send these with their CCA request.

Last payment date was Nov 2013 - so no statue barred option here.... but they did offer me a 30% discount....

I don't mind paying the balance off but I need the excessive charges etc removed as these were unfairly applied. Is this the route I could take?

In the meantime - I will write to them and request a copy of the original T&C's.

Many thanks

S

Comment

Hi Elsa,

I had no idea there was another level of membership for a small subscription...!

Looks like it's well worth the investment so I will make an application to that for access to legal advice.

Regards,

S

Comment

When you join AAD+ you will many more letters. It is always best to follow these as they have been written with a view to covering all options so that you don't inadvertently say something which could affect you at a later date.
                If and when you send any documents to NIDDY, you are asked to send them with nothing blocked out; he is the only person who sees them and it is totally secure.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Chumbers
                  If the account is still on hold I wouldn't send anything yet.
                  When you do, I would stick to the missing prescribed terms template. There's a fine line between telling them they haven't fulfilled your request and revealing the exact problem. Things like that should be kept up your sleeve in the event they take you to court.
                  The charges can be a point of negotiation for a reduced F&F etc

I'd upload a copy of the agreement/T&C's to Niddy, see what he thinks. By unedited I mean don't blank out any details, name etc. As Cymruambyth says, it's completely safe. Here's the link:
                  http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...?do=form&fid=4

In the meantime let us know if you get another letter from them

Elsa x

Comment

Hi Elsa,

I have finally had a response to my last letter followed by a pre-court warning.

I am just thinking, is it possible to still get Niddy to check my papers they have sent me? It is a copy of the agreement they have received from HSBC.

Please advise how to send them as I understand it should be unblocked on any part.

Many thanks

S

Comment

Hi Chumbers,
                      Just scan it as a pdf, totally unedited, nothing covered up, and email it to Niddy at webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Put your username and 1st Credit CCA in the subject line, and include a link to this thread

What does the pre court warning say exactly, and when was it sent?

Elsa x

Comment

It's dated 5/2/16 and I received it yesterday.

It states that my credit bureau records show I can afford the payments, and they want to work with customers who engage only. As we do not have a repayment plan in place, we may soon pass your account to our internal legal department for review, the outcome of which may ultimately result in county court proceedings being issued against you.

I'll send the document over to Niddy and see what he suggests.

Many thanks

S

Comment

Ahh the letter's not what I thought it might be (a formal Letter Before Action) that's good

Comment

Working...
                          X