GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st Credit - please help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Credit - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cookie2112
    replied
    Re: 1st Credit - please help

Hi Chumbers, I am not knowledgeable enough to offer any help I am afraid but have been through something similar and so I just wanted to offer my support. AAD is amazing and I can assure you that you will get great advice and support here, good luck with your fight!

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

In these circumstances no news is good news

Leave a comment:

• chumbers
    replied

Just a quick update - not heard anything back yet. Also - they have not made an application on my credit file.

S

Leave a comment:

• chumbers
    replied

Thanks SXGuy,

Wishing everyone at AAD a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year!

Kindest regards,

S

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

Wait to see what they send. Then we can go from there. For now enjoy Xmas and try not to worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• chumbers
    replied

Morning All,

Received this morning - looks like they are putting it on hold. My current queries are:

1. Should I be requesting a change to them to address this to me rather than my wife? This was originally my problem and it is easier for me to deal with this. I note the comments above - is this the route I should go ahead and take?
    2. I have looked through some previous documents and have found the original agreement - this was for a business loan but signed by me only. Can I put this account into disrepute as they combined it into a joint account? I didn't really understand this at the time as I feel they took advantage of my vulnerability and arranged it over the phone with 'heavy handedness'.
    3. Should I also be sending for a SAR to HSBC so I can work out all my overcharges etc? In some instances they have charges £80 overlimit fees. I have calculated approx. £12K in excessive charges etc....
    4. If I request SAR and dispute the fact that they combined the account into joint, can I put this account into disrepute??
    5. Can they legally chase the debt as my original agreement is with HSBC - not 1st credit?
    6. There is a separate account number for this debt as a managed loan - not in my current account. Hence, I am not sure if this has any significance considering it was originally a business debt.

I checked my credit file and they have wiped £14K off it currently, and HSBC has disappeared.

Please advise and I can action the points accordingly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141222 edit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1406660

Leave a comment:

• SXGuy
    replied

They received your letter on the 17th, both letters they sent you, are dated 11th and 18th, they clearly crossed in the post.

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

They did that with me, on a joint account with my husband, they just kept writing to me.

Did you both sign the rescheduled loan agreement?

If you both signed then you'll be jointly and severally liable, meaning they can come after either or both of you for the money.
    If it was to go to court, which one of you would be best able to deal with it?

If that's you then when you write ask them to respond to you and stop addressing the correspondence to your wife as you are the one dealing with the matter.

So, you'd be sending somethng on the lines of

Ref:
    I write in response to your letter dated 18th December 2014 addressed to my wife, in which you threaten court proceedings, causing her significant distress.
    This letter was sent despite the fact that your company signed for a letter on 17th, in which I formally requested a copy of the credit agreement for this account.

I would be grateful if you would address this matter before sending further harassing letters.
    I also request that all further correspondence be in writing and addressed to me, as I am now dealing with this matter.
    Thank you,
    yours faithfully

Mr xxxx xxxxxx

Leave a comment:

• chumbers
    replied

Great - I'll get this sent off first thing Monday by recorded.

The bit i'm not too clear about is whether I should be sending as Mr.. or Mrs.. as it's a joint acc, and they are clearly writing to Mrs....

Any thoughts?

Thanks

S

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

Originally posted by chumbers View Post
    Hi undercover Elsa - so sorry, it wasn't intentional.

I checked the recorded delivery and it was signed for on 17th at 08:12.

Do I wait it out now or respond accordingly to their last request recieved?

Thanks

S
    Aww bless you it's not a problem, you weren't to know

As Mrs D says above ^^

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

it has probably crossed

I would do a one liner, recorded

dear eejits

I am in receipt of your rather harassing letter of blah. Please read the letter sent to you on blah and signed for at your office on blah.

yours chumbers

Leave a comment:

• chumbers
    replied

Hi undercover Elsa - so sorry, it wasn't intentional.

I checked the recorded delivery and it was signed for on 17th at 08:12.

Do I wait it out now or respond accordingly to their last request recieved?

Thanks

S

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

Hi Chumbers,
    Sorry but I've had to remove the copy of the CCA template, as they are only available to members and this is a public thread thread viewable by anyone.
    Did you send your request by recorded delivery, and have you checked to see if they received it?

kind regards,

Elsa x

Leave a comment:

• chumbers
    replied

Just a quick update. I posted a CCA request by recorded on 16th December.
    I sent this from Mr & Mrs names at top of the request, and at the bottom, sent from Mr S as the letters being received are address to Mrs, with the account being joint.

On 16th December, I received this:

Name:	20141216 edit.jpg
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	1406630

It makes sense this crossed in the post with my CCA.

Today (20th December) - I received this:

Name:	20141220 edit.jpg
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1406632

This as again addressed to Mrs, rather than Mr or Mr & Mrs. The address return address is Mailing Services, Cardew Way, Cornwall.

Any thoughts - or just sit out and wait...??

Many thanks

S
    Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 20 December 2014, 14:09. Reason: copyright template removed

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Right now send the cca. That's all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X