GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA resurrecting a written off account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA resurrecting a written off account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA resurrecting a written off account

Sorry Niddy, I didn't explain myself very well. Even the second default on this account has fallen off the scale. But, as I understand it, the credit reference agencies keep accounts live for six years AFTER the account has been satisfied, regardless of when the Default was served?

This account was satisfied in Aug 2012. It may be a random letter but if Cabot's system automatically does what the letter says it will do then it is going to register a non-existent payment in settlement of the account in October 2014 and, presumably the account will stay live on file for six years from that point.

Perhaps I have misunderstood what my credit report says?

Comment

Eh second default? You're talking about that on the other thread.

WTF. Is it me? Really.......
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No, I thought I'd mentioned it somewhere previously but both MSDW and Lloyds had originally served default notices back in 2003 and then Gold Fish (2008) and Lloyds (2010) served them again prior to selling the accounts. But from what you said on the other thread I don't if this is significant now anyway.

Sorry, I'm clearly causing too much confusion.

Sorry for wasting your time and energy. .

Comment

Originally posted by Spector View Post
          Sorry for wasting your time and energy. .
          You're not but you need to be clear about your usage of the word 'default'....

Can you make our lives easier by just explaining exactly what's happened regards THIS account. I don't want to know about the other one. It's rare for a firm to double default someone so for two separate firms to do it twice to the same person makes me dubious hence my frustration cos it's like you're deliberately confusing us.

Just start with the simple stuff - I'm specifically referring to CREDIT REFERENCE DEFAULT. Not a s.87/88 notice.

Have you you been defaulted twice on this account for the same debt? It's a simple yes or no answer. Forget s.87/88. That means nothing at this stage and likely won't. I only care about breaches to legislation hence you referring to defaults being issued twice makes me jump thinking "they can't do that". Again forget the default notice. We never need to know about that ever unless we specifically ask.

Make sense?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Spector View Post
            Sorry Niddy, I didn't explain myself very well. Even the second default on this account has fallen off the scale. But, as I understand it, the credit reference agencies keep accounts live for six years AFTER the account has been satisfied, regardless of when the Default was served?

Perhaps I have misunderstood what my credit report says?
            No that's incorrect. If you had a default registered (a status 8 or D) then the entry vanishes for good after 6 years. You can only be defaulted on your credit file ONCE per account.

If you've had a double default then you're due compo.

So if you've had an entry that's settled, forget that and look back at the default date as recorded. Add 6 years and it'll be gone by then. Regardless if you pay it off and settle or not. If this has NOT occurred let me know.

Comment

Read this for guidance matey --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...87-s88-CCA1974

Comment

Thank you, that was helpful.

I really didn't understand that there were two different types of default. I used the wrong terminology but the last thing I intended was to "deliberately" confuse you.

Mind you, things go from bad to worse. I've just looked back at my credit reports and I'm embarrassed to say that I misremembered the situation entirely. I cannot find that this particular account was ever registered as defaulted to the credit reference agencies. I must have just assumed it had been because of the s87 notices. I genuinely believed that the second notice had been registered.

This means that the settlement date really is the important date, which brings me back to why I originally started this thread and the possibility that Cabot's recent letter might result in the settlement date being changed from Aug 2012 to Oct 2014, extending the time that the account would remain on my credit file by two years.

Comment

Oh ok, do you have evidence of past reports that shows they've edited the date? Was it ever defaulted?

Why not PDF your credit file (these two entries / both accounts) and email me them then I'll know what's happening.

in theory regards a CRA default, it ought to be added within a year if you stopping full contractual payments unless they added an AP marker. But whatever; I'd have thought both accounts would be clear on your CRA already. I want to know why they aren't so if you can send me the two entries I'll look at them. I need extended info showing the monthly status as well to track back 6 years.

Comment

Niddy

I'll email you the entries as soon as I can but it will have to be later this evening.

I wasn't suggesting that the entries have been changed so far.

I just made a huge mistake in how I had remembered events. I thought that a default had been registered in 2008 but it seems I was wrong.

I started the thread because I was worried that the letter from Cabot was them preparing to cause extended damage to my file by changing the settlement date.

At the time that I started the thread I was working under the misapprehension that each change in the status added to the time the account remained on file.

But if no default has been registered with the CRAs then the settlement date is important.

I'll send you a copy of the letter from Cabot as well as the consent order.

Comment

Cheers mate

Comment

Niddy

I've just emailed you with attachments.

Comment

To where?

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No, I sent it to the email address that I had used to send the default notices (relating to the other thread) last year - not sure where I got it from originally but it must have been current at the time. I've sent it again to the above address.

Comment

sorted, replied - now we know for sure the facts

Comment

Great. Thank you Niddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X