GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot suddenly increased payment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot suddenly increased payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot suddenly increased payment

If they accept it without an I&E that's fine.

However... if they demand one never use the one they send you. Waaay too intrusive.
    NedCab do a good one here: https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/quickfs.asp
    There are (hidden) national guidelines to how much can be allowed for household expenses such as housekeeping, phone, travel etc, based on family members.
    I can compare the figures done on the Nedcab I&E with these trigger amounts for you if needed, to make sure you are claiming the amounts you are entitled to.

Elsa x

Comment

Thanks!!!

Will pop my numbers in to that!

Comment

Try it without supplying an I & E first though. none of my mothers agreed reduced payments have ever needed an I & E. if its all you can afford, they will accept it, no matter how they huff and puff.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          Try it without supplying an I & E first though. none of my mothers agreed reduced payments have ever needed an I & E. if its all you can afford, they will accept it, no matter how they huff and puff.
          That's the approach I usually take. I send of an offer and then they just send me payment details or schedule of payments. Problem i have with cabot if it's not new and when i set it i probably set it too high with what i know now.

I'd like to reduce it to £50 but i don't think they'd take it having got £100 for so long

Comment

Did your CCA request go to Cabot or to the original creditor?
            Remember the mantra:
            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Reduce to acceptable repayment if you need to £50.00 will do or less, circumstances change, your income may go down etc, I would not give them I&E only a court can ask for that, I was taught a lesson via HSBC using their I&E forms cost me dearly, and the amount I could afford was really a lot less, but hindsite shows I was ripped off, but we all learn from the beginning,

do not be afraid of these pranksters who are on commissions at your expense, love to meet them in the street in real life,

Get a CCA1974 off to them as advised you may be paying into their pockets for nothing?

Comment

tell them £50.00 not offer they like it or lump it, at least you show you are not running away, do it by Standing Order, also as stated CCA1974 them

Comment

it worked! they sent me a letter confirming old payment amount reinstated.

Need courage to write to then and halve it now.

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
                    it worked! they sent me a letter confirming old payment amount reinstated.

Need courage to write to then and halve it now.
                    Is the old amount too high and causing you financial distress? If so we can help you reduce the agreed payment amount, however you must remember that if there is a payment plan in place the lender (or dca) can still start court action, because you'd still be in breach of the agreement. The downside is they may well get a CCJ however the upside is that the judge then looks at affordability - not them. If you can realistically afford £10 per month then that is what the judge would set (if not you can apply for redetermination hearing).

So to be honest why not speak to Elsa, consider an I&E (AAD style - worked to your benefit, not theirs) utilising the trigger figures / CFS and we'll help you get a more affordable payment plan in place.

Can you please remind me the debt owing and the monthly repayment as it is now as well as the date you last sent a CCA?
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Is the old amount too high and causing you financial distress? If so we can help you reduce the agreed payment amount, however you must remember that if there is a payment plan in place the lender (or dca) can still start court action, because you'd still be in breach of the agreement. The downside is they may well get a CCJ however the upside is that the judge then looks at affordability - not them. If you can realistically afford £10 per month then that is what the judge would set (if not you can apply for redetermination hearing).

So to be honest why not speak to Elsa, consider an I&E (AAD style - worked to your benefit, not theirs) utilising the trigger figures / CFS and we'll help you get a more affordable payment plan in place.

Can you please remind me the debt owing and the monthly repayment as it is now as well as the date you last sent a CCA?
                      Its an egg card that defaulted in 2008 for around 14k and been paying Cabot ever since and the balance is £10103 now.

The CCA was sent to egg in 2011 when i joined AAD Forum and it was deemed enforceable.

will look at there I&E form from elsa

Comment

I'll ask Elsa to pop in and help you
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If you email me the Nedcab I&E I pointed you to I'll see what I can do

Comment

As advised,

Did you send a second cca request?
                            I'd sent it to Cabot this time. It's always worth trying it on again.

For example,
                            I cca'd Barclays and they sent the cca which was dubious at best. I continued to not pay and the account was sold on.
                            I chanced another cca to the new owners. They wrote back saying they could not find the agreement and wrote the account off!! Without even asking, they updated my credit file to satisfied with a zero balance....
                            Remember, I'd already been sent it once, but they didn't realise. Just because it was found the first time, doesn't mean they'll find it the second. They are not terribly good at record keeping and often they can't remember what's happened one minute to the next.

It's always worth a chance, and that's why it's been advised...........
                            -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Working...
                            X