Opos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opos

This evening I received a phone call from Opos in Scotland asking to talk to me. I refused and said if they had anything to say, to put it in writing.

The response was puzzling in that I was told they would not put anything in writing unless I first confirmed details over the phone , therefore we are at an impasse.

I searched my google drive and emails and the only emails I can find is one from me with two digitally signed letters
    The first says I do not acknowledge and debt to Opos , the other saying they were harassing me , it went on to list my mobile and landline numbers and the dates and times of calls. The letter also said I could not afford to pay what they were asking.

Any thoughts? I have heard nothing from them for 5 years so imagine they are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    This evening I received a phone call from Opos in Scotland asking to talk to me. I refused and said if they had anything to say, to put it in writing.

The response was puzzling in that I was told they would not put anything in writing unless I first confirmed details over the phone , therefore we are at an impasse.

Any thoughts? I have heard nothing from them for 5 years

Hello

Being at an impasse may be a good thing.

My first thought is whatever debt this was (do you recognize it?) it is possibly nearing Statute Barred status so that's just flagged up on their system.

Di

Comment

Thanks for the reply Di

i might recognise it as a very old PDL, although without them furnishing me with more details I can not be sure.

It is possible it is actually SB depending on the interpretation of letters. Even if not, and it is the account I suspect, the OC no longer exists so there might be some other problems.

I think the morals here are

Less is more in correspondence
      Keep copies of everything

Comment

Thanks for the reply Di

i might recognise it as a very old PDL, although without them furnishing me with more details I can not be sure.

It is possible it is actually SB depending on the interpretation of letters. Even if not, and it is the account I suspect, the OC no longer exists so there might be some other problems.

I think the morals here are

Less is more in correspondence
        Keep copies of everything

Well you can only keep copies of things actually sent to you. So if they never issued/served a DN then you would have nothing to keep (thankfully).

If you're nearing Statute Barred status then definitely keep your head down so as not to draw attention to any historical mistakes made that they could remedy if given time.

You've not mentioned sending a s78 CCA Request so keep that up your sleeve - definitely don't send one at this moment in time. Stay under the radar

Hopefully the calls will stop and they may then write to you so you'll know exactly what they're chasing.

Di

Comment

Thanks Di

I have been having a search and have found a default date of 2012 and some letters with horrific 'debt collection' charges at £100 a pop for 1 letter. I have only found one entry on my credit reports ( I have several saved). On the plus side I think I have now found every letter and email they have sent so I know what is available .

Comment

Thanks Di

I think I have now found every letter and email they have sent so I know what is available .

You have every letter and email so you know what's available to you, but not necessarily available to Opos

Have they contacted you again as you inch towards Statute Barred status?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

You have every letter and email so you know what's available to you, but not necessarily available to Opos

Have they contacted you again as you inch towards Statute Barred status?

Di
              Not heard a word. As you say, I doubt very much they have all the same letters as I do and if they try to 'reconstitute' something I think I will know.

Comment

Just confirming as of today, no more phone calls on landline or mobile and no letters.

Comment

So today I received a text message that says

'Hello please find a quick link to make an online payment towards your account with Opos Limited. Thank you

Well who would click on a link on a text message to pay money to anyone , even if you believed you owed it, certainly not me.

I wonder if it will be 2 months until they send another message ? If it is that is just fine by me. I will look forward to a May Day gift

Comment

Just thought I would update

All has gone quiet since the beginning of May. I am hoping this was a last hurrah before they gave up as the account is now well and truly and unarguably SB.

Comment

Just thought I would update

All has gone quiet . . . the account is now well and truly and unarguably SB.

That’s good to hear.

You didn’t respond, react or rise to the bait until you were certain the debt was Statute Barred despite a barrage of texts and calls since last December.

Well Done for holding your nerve because if you had drawn attention to yourself they may have looked closely at your file and realised the debt was on the brink of SB resulting in a claim being issued to beat the clock.

They've now missed the boat

Di

Comment

Latest update

Received a text message that reads:

'Clear your balance with Opos today to save 1,088.96 and avoid further damage to your credit rating. Call 01414283990. Quote OP. Thank you'

This is the first message in 6 weeks

They are getting desperate because I read that as a discount of over £1000 which brings the total to around the original alleged amount +1 months interest.

In any event they can go forth. I can cope with the odd text- they seem to have lost my email address or my physical address. I am not one for putting up with bullying or scare tactics - I have fought bigger fish than them and won.

Comment

Latest update

This is the first message in 6 weeks

. . . . I can cope with the odd text- they seem to have lost my email address or my physical address.

Hopefully this is their last hurrah since this debt is now Statute Barred according to you.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Hopefully this is their last hurrah since this debt is now Statute Barred according to you.

Di
                            I can’t see any way it isn’t SB as it is now more than 6 years since I wrote to them. As they don’t seem to have my email or home address I will dutifully ignore.

Comment

Working...
                            X