GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hand delivered letter from Moorcroft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand delivered letter from Moorcroft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand delivered letter from Moorcroft

Had a letter hand delivered through the door from Moorcroft acting for Crapbots, I am very politely asked would I please call their office to discuss a repayment plan. The letter contains a Moorcroft ref number so will have to do some detective work to find out which it is.
    The main point is I don't want them banging on my door (didn't hear them if they did) or anywhere in my vicinity to be honest, so I am sure there is a template letter for keep away and don't phone me. I will have a look for the template.

Cheers Spent

AAD+ templates - Harassment Templates - you'll find it there

--> https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...ment-templates
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy
      This relates to my Lloyds TSB account, which I haven't paid even a token payment for around 5 years. I have a letter from crapbots stating that Lloyds do not hold paperwork for this account. crapbots sent me a letter around 5 years ago saying that until they supply the agreement the account is unenforcable. so do I send a KEEP OFF MY DOORSTEP letter and an account in dispute letter.

Thanks spent

Comment

Originally posted by SPENTOUT View Post
        Thanks Niddy
        This relates to my Lloyds TSB account, which I haven't paid even a token payment for around 5 years. I have a letter from crapbots stating that Lloyds do not hold paperwork for this account. crapbots sent me a letter around 5 years ago saying that until they supply the agreement the account is unenforcable. so do I send a KEEP OFF MY DOORSTEP letter and an account in dispute letter.

Thanks spent
        I wouldn't send anything - it is almost SB so why piss them off? You have a letter saying it is UE so that stands. They must come out of default....

So what if someone knocks at your door, they only have a year left to do so..... but tbh I wouldn't bother, I would be hoping to get to SB if it were mine!

If someone knocked and I answered I'd simply say sorry not interested and close the door. That's all.....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

or close the gate on leaving
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Niddy and Tech Clerk
            Sound advice as always from aad
            I have no wish to be in contact with them let alone make any sort of payment

Spent

Comment

There you go then - problem solved

Comment

Well hand delivered letter arrives on 5th then today I get a letter from Moorcroft dated the 6th. Gave me plenty of time to contact them ( I don't think )

General gist is that because I didn't contact them straight away then they are sending their local agent next week to tell me to make contact with head office by telephone, the next sentence is good

"The visit does not involve any recovery of monies or possessions and is purely to help me reconnect with the head office, to establish your circumstances and discuss a route forward."

"Alternatively if you believe there is an outstanding query on the account then you must call us by the day before his visit"

Oh and can I please keep this letter until after his visit and fill in the feedback questionnaire to see how good they are

Shall I send a keep off my doorstep letter, don't want them banging on my door when my OH is on her own.

Spent

Comment

If they have already made a visit they are unlikely to visit again, I should think.

Comment

Hi Still Waving, The letter I had today gives a date that he will visit, so it would make them look absolute fools if no one bothers to call. only a year to go for SB

Comment

you can tell him to go away (politely) they have no legal powers, no doubt it states will contact you on such a date, could mean telecon/letter/visit depends on the wording.
                      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 9 October 2017, 21:06. Reason: spelling
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SPENTOUT View Post
                        Hi Still Waving, The letter I had today gives a date that he will visit, so it would make them look absolute fools if no one bothers to call. only a year to go for SB
                        I misunderstood what you were saying - I thought you meant they had belatedly advised you of the Moorcroft visit you have already had.

Comment

Hi The Tec Clerk, it is a visit I am due for, looking forward to it I will tell him politely, then let the dog out

Hi Still Waving, no problem, the letter was dated the day after they posted their contact us now letter through my door I'm sure he didn't ring the bell or knock on the knocker

Cheers for replies Spent

Comment

Working...
                          X