GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Who owns the debt? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who owns the debt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikejleeds
    replied
    Re: Who owns the debt?

No they were just credit card accounts

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bassett
    replied

I see you have a number of BoS accounts. Were any of these Preference Accounts by any chance?

Regards.

Fred

Leave a comment:

• Mikejleeds
    replied

Have started new thread on UE diaries not sure if its the info/format you needed

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Do me a favour please, list your debts as per this post here: ---> Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First! - allaboutFORUMS

Please though do not go agreeing any F&F - trust me. If you can just list the debts for now i'll provide details of who to send CCA's off to.

I may move this to UE Diaries section if you want to pursue UE - just bear in mind your credit file will get trashed for 6 years, that's something you will invariable suffer anyway as you're on a dmp.

Thanks.
    can you do this BEFORE sending anything out

Leave a comment:

• swanfan
    replied

Have a look through the list on this link.

http://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk...k_accounts.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Mikejleeds
    replied

May be a problem as one of my partners default accounts is with cooperative bank at this address. Any other options ?

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

The co-op cashminder is uually a good bet if you don't have any debt there or associated.
    You need a basic account with no overdraft or cheque book.
    We did our cashminder over the phone with no bother and we most certainly have a mountain of debt, think co-op was our only option!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mikejleeds
    replied

No i didnt open a new account as i did not owe my bank anything at the time when the DMP was taken out. I didnt realise direct line had anything to do with natwest/rbs. I will now open a new account as my redundancy will be paid by cheque. I dont know how easy it will be for me, i am not on the electoral roll at all and have CCJ . I tried to open an account with Santander and despite having a mortgage with them for 15 years with no arrears computer said NO !!!

Leave a comment:

• Mikejleeds
    replied

Yes i understand now why that is wrong. So just send the CCA letters and wait.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Mikejleeds View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am going to write to the DCA's that my current arrangement has now ended due to redundancy and that I am not refusing to pay the debt but can only offer a token amount (£1 per month) Should i put this letter in with the CCA applications or send it under seperate cover ?
    I strongly suggest you stop - read - think - listen and then come back to me before doing this.

Bad mistake, very bad.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Is Natwest RBS as i bank with them and i dont want them to take money from my account when i bank my redundancy money can they do that ??
    Ermm, not as things stand if you're all in agreement etc - but you ought to get a parachute account asap if you're looking at UE. They will use roso if they are not being paid their amounts as per agreement, but with a dmp they should not touch it as they'll have agreed to the smaller sums, but they CAN take it - sure they can, they can use roso at any point if they think they risk losing out somehow.

I would get a new account away from anyone you owe to asap. and get the redundancy moved to that as soon as it hits natwest, ideally login at like midnight and move it there and then (or whenever credits hit your account)

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

Is Natwest RBS as i bank with them and i dont want them to take money from my account when i bank my redundancy money can they do that ??

yes they are and yes they may

Surely if you are on a DMP you opened a new bank account with a bank where you had no debt?

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

Thanks for the info. I am going to write to the DCA's that my current arrangement has now ended due to redundancy and that I am not refusing to pay the debt but can only offer a token amount (£1 per month) Should i put this letter in with the CCA applications or send it under seperate cover ?
    Eh just send the CCAs, if you ending the arrangement end it with the DMC. may be that some DCAs won't even notice, it does happen.

You need to think about you not the DCAs, if you are going to look at UE, no token payments, you need to read up on this site how UE works before you send out any letters.

Leave a comment:

• Mikejleeds
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Do me a favour please, list your debts as per this post here: ---> Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First! - allaboutFORUMS

Please though do not go agreeing any F&F - trust me. If you can just list the debts for now i'll provide details of who to send CCA's off to.

I may move this to UE Diaries section if you want to pursue UE - just bear in mind your credit file will get trashed for 6 years, that's something you will invariable suffer anyway as you're on a dmp.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X