GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New start..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New start.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New start.....

Just resurrected my old Halifax accounts (registered at old address). One of them was a reward current account but it appears to be blocked (I assume it was in negative and has just been reset to zero). Another was a current account, so I upgraded that to reward..... I'll have the free fivers! They won't let me order a replacement debit card though - not sure if it's because of recent address change or because they don't trust me!!

Does Halifax data (LBG) affect TSB at all? If it doesn't I'll keep them both open, just for the fivers! It won't be long until Halifax close it down if they've got any sense.

Transferred all Nationwide accounts out, including the Help2Buy ISA (as Halifax offer a whopping 0.5% more per year interest). Is it worth opening a savings account and putting a quid in it to retain my online banking access (see if I'm offered a current account etc in future), or should I just let the access lapse and then try direct for a card etc in a year??

My halifax looks a bit full...........
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Halifax.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1411282

Comment

Those Easycash will hold you back. As for not being allowed new cards, that suggests your accounts are inactive. You're at a different address and the bank don't know - and you upgraded an account!! You'll be lucky not to get a 6rs CIFAS.

I don't understand nor have time to understand what you're doing, but you're only causing more mess & more damage, long term. Good luck.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Haha, the easycash are from years and years ago - I don't even want them!!! They were easy to open then switch to other banks for £100 etc. When I try and close the websavers too (from years ago when they actually gave a decent bonus or something, that's why I've got so many) it blocks it.

The only one I want from Halifax is the newly upgraded Reward Current Account which appears to accept payments in and out no problem, but won't give me a debit card. (For the free fivers, and I'm going to try switching an old account to it for the £100 switching bonus!)

I've only decided to get back into them because they are flagging up as still active at previous (pre-BR) addresses on the CRAs - as I haven't used them for years the details were obviously wrong, but as the CRAs seem to think they are active, it's going to affect me having accounts registered here there and everywhere and I want a mortgage when I save a deposit, plus there is quite significant ID theft risk having them registered at an old address. Now I've re-authenticated myself, I just want to close the lot of them apart from the Reward.

As you said, these accounts were all linked to me across parts of the LBG - as when I got back in Halifax updated my phone number, and the same notifications appear on Lloyds.

Although, strangely, on my 'good' Lloyds account (Club Lloyds) they appear (your number has been changed on 6/8, contact us if it wasn't you). So it seems they are linked and know full well about BR, but don't care about me having a Club Lloyds (!?!?)

On my 'bad' Lloyds profile (1 x Classic A/C, 1 x cashcard opened after BR), there is no notification.

Strange strange system! I might end up doing more damage to my accounts/profiles at LBG in general, but I think my credit file as a whole is more important - getting these old accounts firstly updated to the right address (to stop any fraud issues) and then getting the rubbish ones finally closed off! I'm surprised they didn't just do it properly as part of the insolvency TBH!

Comment

They won't send a new card if there's a mixed address. I guarantee if you ring them they'll see two addresses. You really need to close all these down.

ID, in branch. Sort it all out.

They link like no other. I've explained that there's several systems all interlinked to the group. So you could have a lloyds a/c at address 1 and Halifax at address 2 but see if you then try and do anything (overdraft / cheque book / card request etc) it'll flag up via the group system that there's an address mismatch and place a block.

You dont live at old address. You must update HBOS with new address or you'll get CIFAS fraud marker. Not worth it as then you'll get nothing and watch all the banks close your accounts one by one.

if I'm wasting my time just say. But when you get the CIFAS it's there for 6 years and no lender will touch you.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No I totally agree with you - and definitely don't want a CIFAS, or to even do anything down that route!

I tried to update my club lloyds account to my proper address ages ago, sent off the forms, and they've not bothered to do it - definitely need to go in at some point and make them do it while I'm there!

Adverse is registered the address they have for that account (it's the address I lived at when I originally went bankrupt!), so there can be no *reasonable* suggestion I got or kept the account through deception/misleading addresses etc - they know my history etc 100% (and have clearly linked that one up with LBG records and the defaulted accounts as these notifications show) - but I know they are crafty and don't want to give them any excuse to say it was attempted fraud etc (not quite sure what I'd gain using an address where I have a BR flag and no electoral registration anymore, but there we go!!!).

Will attempt to update them all in branch when I can - will let you know how I get on!!!

Comment

Fraud (CIFAS) can also be applied if you knowingly use an old address. With N Hunter & the CRA's being so clued up and sharing monthly feeds it's not worth messing around. Trust me they KNOW you've got two addresses lol.

If it was me I'd close the lot. Everything from HBOS. Use your TSB if that's "clean". There's too much confusion / fraud going on. I know you're not deliberately deceiving them but knowingly opening or altering an account which is at an old address, without updating said address, is classed as fraud / deception.

Really, you ought to shut ANYTHING & EVERYTHING which was open at the time of BR. It's highly unlikely they'll lend to you with markers on your account. If you have newer accounts, at correct address keep one and use it. Close the others.

I have almost 20 accounts but I don't ever get declined them. Plus I never lie / deceive.....

Comment

Thanks Niddy

I totally understand what you mean - Halifax the address was changed BEFORE they were upgraded.

I actually had them on the phone the other day (as my new address appeared stupidly after they changed it) - and they confirmed there's no issue as far as their concerned and they've marked a load of accounts as inactive but don't care about them. He did seem a bit confused re: all my old accounts, and why they hadn't been properly closed down during bankruptcy (even though the negative balance has been written off). At the moment, the Reward Ac is going to give me £5s so I'll keep it for now! They've also given me £100 switching incentive which I feel was very generous of them lol!

RE: The Barclays one - I eventually got a letter through saying I'd been declined but could have a cash account.

I read your posts on here regarding upgrades after 1 year - that would be very handy. Although, I had debts with Barclaycard, so not going to hold my breath. Thought as I'd wasted a search I might as well take the cash one, and I'll pay some money into it (and back out....) and leave a bit there each month too.

That's it for me until October now (Vanquis 6 month duplicate period will time out) - Vanquis is the only one I want because of the massive limits, would never use it, but could come in handy (0% BT later on etc). 2 JD William group gone too.... about 4 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by bernie450
                  It is always good to have a fresh start, everyone deserves a fresh start, I have been in debt for a while now and I do not understand if bankruptcy is an option for me or maybe help from IVA so I am thinking of consulting a ***** ******which I believe would be a wise thing to do for now.
                  This is an old tread start a new one and start a diary of your case, fresh start? be very wary of so called fresh starts, and debt advisors as indicated nobody does things for nothing in those organisations??
                  Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 7 March 2020, 10:31. Reason: Deleted link to website in quote
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                  X