GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New start..... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New start.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New start.....

Just opening in branch still.

It seems they weren't taking the mick with appointment booking because I'd declared a cash account when booking, I went back the next day to open a 'current account' and told them I had Halifax reward. They still only offered me an appointment far away so I declined it and kept my original!

Just spoken to OR, they say an assessment will be made on my income being paid over etc as I expected. Also she seemed quite convinced I'd be discharged in 12 months, but said there's a chance I'll be subject to restrictions for longer. I guess as long as I'm automatically discharged that's the main thing? Unless I win 20k next year or something and they take it off me.... They said it'd have to be in the public interest for them to do it, and she wrote down mitigating reasons regarding the bankruptcy/my living situation etc. But did say several years. I know banks won't give mortgage whilst your undischarged - but technically if I'm discharged after 12 months, even if I've still got restrictions, I'll be ok as any other undischarged?

She said the main ones that will affect me were declaring my bankruptcy if getting over £500 of credit, which I'd have to do anyway (well they'd find out from credit check), not being a director, and informing them of any windfalls. So it's only really the 3rd that affects me...?

Comment

Originally posted by 1NightInIbiza View Post
      Just opening in branch still.

It seems they weren't taking the mick with appointment booking because I'd declared a cash account when booking, I went back the next day to open a 'current account' and told them I had Halifax reward. They still only offered me an appointment far away so I declined it and kept my original!

Just spoken to OR, they say an assessment will be made on my income being paid over etc as I expected. Also she seemed quite convinced I'd be discharged in 12 months, but said there's a chance I'll be subject to restrictions for longer. I guess as long as I'm automatically discharged that's the main thing? Unless I win 20k next year or something and they take it off me.... They said it'd have to be in the public interest for them to do it, and she wrote down mitigating reasons regarding the bankruptcy/my living situation etc. But did say several years. I know banks won't give mortgage whilst your undischarged - but technically if I'm discharged after 12 months, even if I've still got restrictions, I'll be ok as any other undischarged? An independant broker will give you an idea...BUT for a while including after discharge you'll still need a hefty deposit to be considered for mortgage..BUT if your still under restrictions after discharge you'll struggle

She said the main ones that will affect me were declaring my bankruptcy if getting over £500 of credit, which I'd have to do anyway (well they'd find out from credit check), not being a director, and informing them of any windfalls. So it's only really the 3rd that affects me...?
      thats about it....and the fact now it'll probably go quiet OR's office wise for a while now..try & forget it all now & roll on 12mnths to discharge

Comment

So they will check to see if I've still got restrictions I'll argue it on the public interest thing then, because she said it's not necessarily about causing hardship to me but ensuring lessons are learnt - having a BRU/BRO on file will cause hardship, I already want to move and need the bankruptcy to be wiped before I can.

Comment

Hi all,

As mentioned on here it's been quiet!

I got a letter yesterday giving me 14 days to accept an IPA due to 'the additional take home pay after the Nil Tax Code change' and as a 'contribution to my bankruptcy'. This has been set at £133 until the end of the tax year. It then says be aware this order doesn't end when discharged from bankruptcy, but doesn't give any details about when it does end (1 year, 2 years, 3 years???). It says if I 'still' don't reply (they seem to think I've not replied to a letter, but I've not had any!) they'll take me to court for an IPO.

Is this the final amount (unless I get a pay rise) or is it still subject to assessment? I was told they'd go through my statement of affairs in my telephone interview, but have heard nothing since. The £133 figure is near enough my tax figure (I told them I pay something like £133.45 a month). Is the £133 expected to continue past April when my tax gets applied again? That'd give me under £1000 to live on after all deductions, when my rent is currently £450...

Edit: Also regarding the online banking - Mine works, so if anyone is opening an account as a bankrupt in future, if you're lucky get someone to stick the online banking application through anyway and you never know! Or apply yourself online and see if that works.
          Last edited by 1NightInIbiza; 9 November 2014, 18:10. Reason: Online

Comment

I've had a letter today saying my case has been transferred to the 'Long Term Asset and Distribution Team'. The only assets I have are my car which is exempt for work, and technically Royal Mail shares, which I declared but the OR didn't seem bothered and hasn't appeared to have done anything about them.

I'm in an IPA until April as a result of my NT code, but my discharge isn't until October.

From looking around it seems that a transfer to LTADT is a good thing, but it seems incredibly early? Especially as there was talk of me being given a BRU/BRO... does the transfer mean that won't happen now??? *prays!*

Barclays still haven't responded to me kicking up a fuss, but have escalated it and expect to reply to me before valentines day! My argument on discrimination really got their twitter team going!!

Applied for a cashminder a few days ago and quoted my existing account number from when I used to work there.... hopefully Co-Op are feeling in a nice mood, can't stand Barclays, the sooner Co-Op accept me or discharge comes the better!!

Comment

Hi all

Finally discharged & nearly past the 1 year mark!

It's all been fairly easy, although I think the banks have slipped up a bit, some of my accounts have been left (although looks like I've been CPD by TSB!).

I've got the following - transferring money between them to try and improve the internal scores. Is it actually weighted any better if your salary goes straight into an account? At the moment it goes into Nationwide (the most likely to give me a mortgage in 2 years unless I get a gifted deposit and go for a sub-prime lender like Precise).

3 x Santander Current accounts (although I can't get any cheque book or replacement debit cards, I moaned in a secure message and they said it's been 'blocked' although I can still move a fiver in and out no issues... I'm just leaving it for the green 0's!).

About 7 x JD Williams group (one is £900 which is quite handy, another couple are around the £300s, I'm closing the lowest ones, they were only on there to quickly build history)

1 x Credit Card (Capital One Platinum £1,000 limit - I was approved for 6 so went for the 'best' (lowest APR) in the hope they hike my limit in future months!).

1 x Bank of Scotland basic account

2 x Nationwide basic account. 1 = where salary goes into, I'm trying to get them to give me a full account for the insurances. A note that they report your basic accounts to Equifax as 'Basic bank account' (whereas Barclays reported as 'Bank account'), so I've closed the 2nd one as 'Basic bank account' looks like you can't be trusted - I only opened 2 as I thought they were both reporting 0's!

A 2 year old 3 mobile contract

1 x Club Lloyds (from Pre-BR days, registered at my old address - which does have BR against it)

2 x normal lloyds accounts, apparently under a completely separate profile (at my new address).

Tried to update the address for the Club Lloyds and it's not been done, so I've actually got to go in.... they'll probably try and close it when they realise I've somehow ended up with 2 customer profiles, so I'm waiting til I get this years free cinema tickets first!

Vanquis & Aqua won't take me - presumably because I owed them money? But then my Cap1 starting limit is higher than the pre-BR card I defaulted on!

Not really sure I can do much more, just sending money between all the current accounts in the hope one of the banks (BOS or N/Wide) will upgrade me to a full account?

Barclays won't let me apply online, it blocks it and wants me to go in with ID - worth doing? I went for full current account, but don't mind if it's a cash account again (if they upgrade on internal scoring?)

Comment

I don't see what you have to lose by going into Barclays with ID. Let us know how you get on.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks might give it a try then..... but means going into town on a Saturday.... ergh!!

Comment

Been on a bit of an application spree today, as that's it until February (6 months, so my searches from this month drop off)

Virgin Money refer (probably decline......)

Aqua, yet again, refer accept for 49.9% subject to final checks... that'll be a decline! But today is the final day to qualify for the free night at a hotel if approved, so going to argue the toss if they decline this one, just for a laugh....

(hotel link: https://welcome.aquacard.co.uk/tm16)

Is it a (slight....) positive I get refer then decline (at say Virgin Money & Bank of Ireland)? Presumably I haven't scored too badly to get referred, otherwise it would just be straight decline?

Comment

Well the referral will be due to N. Hunter (analytics) recognising the BR and / or due to internal historical records. Yes the BR may now be gone but if for instance you applied for something too early and said No to BR (on application) but the CRA's still showed it then analytics (N Hunter) would pick up the abnomilty thus forcing a referral.

To go further and answer other questions -

1. HBOS (BOS & Lloyds) - they share the same systems, processes and customer ID's. What that means is that you may well be refused accounts purely because you have a basic account within the group (in HBOS that's an auto code 99 which means no upgrades / nothing) or because the accounts they know about in relation to the BR may still be linked to your new customer profile.

Think of it like HBOS -> lloyds -> BoS - group check. So you apply to lloyds they'll check Halifax, BoS & the shared group system. And likewise no matter which of the 3 you apply to. Best advice - close the basic & the accounts linked to the BR with HBOS and leave your existing one (normal one) alone. Give it +60 days from closure and then login and click Bank accounts -> apply -> open a secondary account and if it shows you a screen saying its a quick application and apply in 3 steps then you're guaranteed it and you'll know you're not CPD'd / Policy 99'd.

* CPD is not generic, it's product specific so you could be CPD on loans but ok for a card / OD. Credit policy code thingy 99 is a complete block, kinda like a BR or group debt could generate that. CPD is updated at the monthly CRA feed whereas code 99's are underwriter review (never comes off so best to close account if you've a 99 marker)!

2. Santander - pointless having them. Close all 3. They won't remove the block (high risk to group) so best to close them and wait a year then apply for a full account if you wanted to.

3. Nationwide - the hardest to get a full account and being honest there's very comparable accounts out there now. Having a basic account with NW will restrict any full accounts - the only way to move off the flex basic is to click the upgrade once logged in. If it says no sorry, we can't upgrade then forget it for 6-9 months. It'll always decline. Like the above, you'd be better closing it as its a pointless account.

4. JDW Group - 7 accounts? Close any with £0 balances. That will go against you heavily with affordability & available credit with most lenders. Why restrict possible open ended credit (ie visa) with wasted restricted credit (catalogues)? It's nuts. Get rid!

5. Applications. STOP!! You're looking desperate. It's a big red flag. Do as I suggest above and you WILL get a full account in the next 6 months.

6. Barclays - I'd sort out the above first then go into branch in maybe 2-3 months time and apply in branch. Doing so will allow them to say yes or no and if no they'll likely offer a basic account. After a year, if nothing bad on account, they'll upgrade you automatically to full account. Barclays always credit check people for a full account and if no, they offer basic account. I'd sit tight for a few months and not waste your time as they may just try a new application when you go in branch.

Trust me. Put another way, I've got 3 defaults with BoS all within 2 years and last year opened a Halifax reward & lloyds Classic - both with cheque books / contactless etc (don't need overdraft). I've also since opened a TSB (separate entity to LTSB of old but still have archived system access so if past CPD with LTSB then close any TSB accounts as it'll block you ever getting a full account whilst it's there) - I've recently opened a Tesco account and a business Santander account.

My CRA shows 13 defaults ALL less than 4 years old. The system can be beaten.

ps I've also got nationwide, 2 Santander, 2 Natwest, 2 Barclays, a Coventry & bank of Cyprus current account.

Have faith.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks

I've had TSB on the phone (their online banking was messing me about) - they said it doesn't look like I've got CPD - it's that I'm 'new to bank' because my salary has never gone to that account in the 3 years I've had it, so they think I don't have a regular salary. He said if that's resolved (the Faster Payments In (FPI) on bank statements don't count towards affordability/turnover, where BGC do) there's no reason I won't get one in a few months. Interesting that FPI are excluded at TSB, where it seems Barclays et al fall for the ridiculous turnover (even Natwest, I had over 15k worth of overdrafts when I was a student!) which is generated by payments back and forth

Getting my salary moved. I've got a help to buy ISA with Nationwide - do you know if you can you pay into a nationwide savings a/c externally? It appears on online banking as 0572/12345678 (123... is obviously an acc number!). I've messaged them to ask (along with my complaint about not getting a credit card!) but they've still not replied.

Out of interest I got some T&Cs through the post re: FlexBasic yesterday - as of October, you can only have 1, and it WILL report to CRAs as basic bank account. Key word being will.... tempted to kick off because they've already been doing it with my existing account!!!! If I can keep my ISA that Flex Basic is going to be closed ASAP!

The JDW lot I'm trying to close.... they are hard work because they keep giving me discounts when I ask to close, so I buy stuff for work (similar/cheaper price than any of the shops/amazon etc) but then have to wait for the statement etc.

I'm planning to keep Jacamo (£900 odd limit) and probably another one which is just over £300. The rest are slowly getting axed as soon as I've paid the statement!

I wouldn't think affordability is an issue, even if I maxed them all out, because salary is half decent at the moment.

I'm happy I got the Cap1 card, hopefully they keep upping my limit so my utilisation looks low!
                        Last edited by 1NightInIbiza; 4 August 2016, 17:51.

Comment

Would switching the account count as closing it internally? As the account is still 'active' for transfers due to incoming payments etc (or outgoing on your 'old' debit card).

It would be easier to switch that go through this painful account closure process!

Also my Nationwide card soft search limit is now up to £1,650!! They'll obviously decline, again, if I put a full app through. What are these jokers playing at!?
                          Last edited by 1NightInIbiza; 4 August 2016, 20:03.

Comment

Nationwide is weird, if it's 9.9% Apr you could still be declined even though people say at good rates and high limits it won't. Ermmm yes I can lol

TSB are unique but yea, you're best closing any basic account and opening a full one later. Thing is Fp's don't help as funding options whereas with most others it does. Tesco allow credits from internal Tesco accounts to apply as funding criteria. Weird right enough.

Good luck whstever you do but I still say you've got too many useless accounts. Get rid and start afresh if you can. As said, works fine for me. Had Aqua 1yr now and on my 2nd increase

Cap1 is 5 years old and never had increase. Still at £200 lol
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Affordability is subjective. A bank only knows what you tell them so affordability always plays a part; if you earn £70k and apply for credit you may get the same limit as someone who earns £20k. Chances are the higher earners spend more -> more risk of things go wrong.

Its not as simple as you saying "I earn X,Y & Z" - hence you'll always find your primary bank tend to be most generous as they can see exactly what you earn and what you spend and importantly, what your spending habits are

N Hunter plays a big part in affordability as it collects the answers previously supplied on applications. So say you bank with Natwest & apply for a card with RBS and add £10k to your salary - it'd be picked up by N Hunter and thus you'd likely get a decline.

Comment

I'll let you know the outcome of the complaint with N/Wide haha! I said baiting people into a full search when you are going to reject doesn't meet TCF principles. I know I have absolutely no right to credit, especially not with them - but they have internal data that I owed them £7k or whatever it was, my credit report showing all the defaults & BR and the fact I've got two BASIC accounts with them. If they aren't going to accept.... just say it (like all the other lenders!!!).

I'm going to try and close my Nationwide account... they want my signature though, which I don't think they have on file... no doubt they'll drag me into branch to confirm it with ID etc etc! Same with BOS, who definitely don't have my sig on file.

Haha Cap1 seem crazy like that - my friend is stuck on £200 for over a year (5 is ridiculous!!!!). One small default, using & paying back every month etc. I used to have a limit of £850 with them, default balance = £971... pre-approved for 'platinum' @ £1,000!

I'd prefer to get a Vanquis though, they hand limit increases out like candy!

Definitely not applying til anything else til Mid-February now though, will take your advise about closing accounts etc! Only new account will be if Aqua pre-approve me based on Noddle soft search, or if Cap1 pre-approve me for a 2nd account.

Have you tried checking if you'd get a 2nd Cap1? You can combine the limits once it's 6 months old... maybe you'll jump from £200 to £400 LOL. They are ridiculous at times!

Comment

Working...
                                X