GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HMRC and bankruptcy - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HMRC and bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HMRC and bankruptcy

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    They won't accept your mother-in-law in full payment, will they?
    I dont like the revenue but I'm not sure if I could inflicted that on them!!!!!

PS SXguyI think your being a tad judgemental when you dont know all the facts!!!!
    Last edited by mgfboy; 19 March 2012, 19:19.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
      PS SXguyI think your being a tad judgemental when you dont know all the facts!!!!
      Forgive me if i came across judgemental, that wasnt my aim, i was simply trying to establish the reason behind the underpayment.

My statement regarding why its a good reason to have your accounts done on time was simply because being in the profession myself, i see an awful lot of clients who leave it for 2 to 3 years, then wonder where they will get all the money due on tax. it wasnt a snipe at you personally.

From what you said, i wasnt sure if your partner stitched you up with a tax bill based on an assessable figure that wasnt anywhere near acurate to your real income. Or whether you had been given bad tax advice in the past and since a HMRC inspection, they found you to have underpaid tax due.

It wasnt my intetion to judge you, just to try and understand your situation.

I can quite imagine a situation where you are unable to pay the tax due to whatever reasons regardless of the level of income prior, i myself have found the same issues in recent past.
      Last edited by SXGuy; 19 March 2012, 19:43.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        Forgive me if i came across judgemental, that wasn't my aim, i was simply trying to establish the reason behind the underpayment.

My statement regarding why its a good reason to have your accounts done on time was simply because being in the profession myself, i see an awful lot of clients who leave it for 2 to 3 years, then wonder where they will get all the money due on tax. it wasn't a snipe at you personally.

From what you said, i wasn't sure if your partner stitched you up with a tax bill based on an assessable figure that wasnt anywhere near accurate to your real income. Or whether you had been given bad tax advice in the past and since a HMRC inspection, they found you to have underpaid tax due.

It wasn't my intention to judge you, just to try and understand your situation.

I can quite imagine a situation where you are unable to pay the tax due to whatever reasons regardless of the level of income prior, i myself have found the same issues in recent past.
        Fair enough mate, I work in the world of financial services and as I know sh1t does happen to the best of people. The thing is not so long ago I would have just picked up the phone and I would have sorted it out, but the world we live in doesn't have people who can make a decision, that included HMRC and the banks.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
          The thing is not so long ago I would have just picked up the phone and I would have sorted it out, but the world we live in doesn't have people who can make a decision, that included HMRC and the banks.
          I agree, long gone are the days when you could speak to an inspector at HMRC and get a binding decision. Its a shame really.

Some of the best people there left years ago, and got replaced by public sector hippies lol
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X