GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Questions about car......complicated!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about car......complicated!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions about car......complicated!!

On the V5 document it states taht the named person on the V5 is not always the registered keeper.

I.E I own my sons car but he has a policy for it.

Comment

sounds perfectly legit...as Jen & others said being the registered keeper isnt always meaning you bought the car as well..

as long as you have a paper trail receipts etc to show FIL bought the car I really cant see an issue myself.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
        sounds perfectly legit...as Jen & others said being the registered keeper isnt always meaning you bought the car as well..

as long as you have a paper trail receipts etc to show FIL bought the car I really cant see an issue myself.
        Thank you........I guess I'm just getting very jittery about next week, having put off BR for 2 years now! Just want to make sure that I do everything 'properly'!!

Comment

yup and you could get the payout and buy the car as long as FIL issues you a reciept of funds..
          for example

I FIL have received 2k from DIL and son for X vehicle.

and vise versa you buy the car with the 2k and put it in FIL's name.

Comment

For a motor-car leased from Motability, they remain the owner but the cripple who leased it becomes the "registered keeper".

Comment

Originally posted by mummytotwo View Post
              So, I only got a couple of replies on the MSE site ......think my post got missed and then bumped down the board.
              Well, you had this reply.

MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - A question about a car...

Originally posted by debtinfo
              even if they pay out to him as policy holder then since you did all the correct things in putting the FIL down as owner then there should be no problem with handing the payout over to the FIL, what the FIL does then is entirely his choice
              They ^^^^ are a former case examiner for the Official Receivers.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X